Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y and using the Stop Sign and Traffic Light recognition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been trying to use the Stop Sign and Traffic Light recognition part of the FSD on my new (August 28) Model Y and it will not allow me to turn the switch to "On". I do what the say to do, but that switch is grayed out. Is this Beta function not available for Florida? If anyone is able to do this on their new MY, please tell me what you did to achieve this function, thanks.

I have my car in park, but it is still grayed out. I purchased the car with FSD. I wonder there is something else in the controls that needs to be engaged or disengaged first before putting the car in park.
14EB5EE9-2292-46EA-940E-4BD4EF2E4B34.jpeg

I took a guy who is interested in trading in his 911 for a Tesla Model Y this afternoon. We got out on the Interstate and I looked over at the speed indicator and we were up to 99 mph. It didn't feel like it. He said that he thought he was going to get the faster Model Y and being that he is an ER doc, he can afford it. However, if he doesn't look out, he might end up in the ER. He was impressed.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Tell your friend the first time he tries to take a corner in the Y like he does his 911, he will end up in the ER. Very different cars for very different purposes, and I can't see trading one for another (regardless of which way) working out very well. I love both, but there is really no comparison IMO.

SS
Yep, I have both of them. Not sure I would want the 911 to be electric, would not be the same. Different beasts. Daily commute and dealing with traffic, the MY is the way to go. On the weekend, find some twisty canyon or country roads, and its the 911 with the top down all the way - just leave the PSM on otherwise the tail can get too happy and you end up in a ditch somewhere...