Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y arriving sooner than expected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Giga Berlin is about six months away from production start. No point of importing cars from the US. The only question is whether we’re going to get Ys made in Europe or the US. I’d prefer Europe
If we get ours from Berlin, we will be waiting till 2022 at the absolute earliest. They won't start producing model Y's till July 2021 and all of Europe will be first in line for a year or so after that. Then they will consider switching the equipment to RHD and start sending them to us little fish.
If we are getting them from Berlin, it will be a long wait.

I personally think we will possibly get ours out of Fremont by end of 2021

Little fish like the UK, Hong Kong and Japan? They're RHD too...
The "little fish" I was referring to was Australia, not all RHD countries.
The UK will most likely get their cars from Berlin, and will definitely get theirs before us as they did with the Model 3 which is why I am saying that if we are getting ours out of Berlin also it will be a very long wait till they fill orders in LHD Europe and then after 6 months or a year or so switch to RHD and fill the UK and then months after that send some to us "little fish" here is Aus.

All I'm saying is hopefully we get them out of Fremont otherwise it will probably be an even longer wait if we have to get them out of Berlin.

It appears some people can't wait for their Y to turn up: Tesla Model 3 electric car transformed into off-roader | CarAdvice
A Tesla Model 3 electric car has been turned into a ‘faux-wheel-drive’ after a German company fitted off-road suspension and tyres.
The high-riding Tesla Model 3 is able to venture off the beaten track thanks to a 40mm lift kit (35mm from the suspension and 5mm from the taller tyres) that brings the total ground clearance to 180mm.

Reactions: Hairyman
Presume there’s no news?
Just speaking with some family today (first home visit in ages) and it turns out they’re actually considering a Y. Apparently their ‘tween’ son has been advocating...:)
I like to think it’s because they saw how enamored we are with our 3.