Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Austin small issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife took delivery a didn’t really pay much attention.
Overall I’m happy but still considering Tesla supposed to have sorted out quality issue I’m a little disappointed.
One of the rear door isn’t closing smoothly, took it to service center in NY and they made fun of us, told us to close the door with a little more force but no need to slam it, they kind of said we could take it back to delivery center…

There is a tiny smudge under clear coat (grey color) not life changing but clearly small paint issue.
Rear light has scratches/ glue leftover.
Under the frunk the cover wasn’t clipped in, not big issue but makes me wonder what else is notoriously an issue.
Felt in wheel well mis installed and few clips are missing.

I thought they sorted out quality control and such?
Anyway overall it’s comparable to Atlas VW we got in 2019 so I’m not too disappointed.

I guess the human part of car manufacturing is prone to errors ;)

my expectations were too high? Austin still ramping up?

I guess will fall into place .
Ouch just noticed we already curb the rim 😅

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 98
Welcome to the Tesla tribe. Lots of good info in this forum.

New cars (not just Tesla) always get frequent complaints about doors being hard to close. Unless the striker is WAY out of alignment, I agree with buddhafree: give it time. Door seals are new, stiff, and will benefit from a few firm (NOT slamming!) door closures. Having the seals a little too tight early in the life of the car means they will last longer, w/o needing further adjustment.

Scratches on the rear light/lens? If they can't be gently buffed out, I'd ask for a replacement.

QC continues to be an issue...sigh...I don't know if I helped matters with my car, but prior to delivery, I made friends with my Fort Worth service center advisors/techs. I learned that some of the advisors weren't really "car" guys, were a little casual about some things. But, I made it clear that I would be a major annoyance to them if my car wasn't prepped properly.

Car was flawless...except...wheels were NOT torqued to 128ft/lbs, but around 75ft/lbs. I think that's a serious item to check while prepping a car.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet