Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y autopilot does not recognize cars when i use blinkers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have traded in my model 3 for a model y. Probably one of the bigger mistakes I have made. When I turn on the blinker with a car next to me the screen does not recognize the fact and warn me. Following is an email exchange about it.
Me: when I turn my blinkers on while traveling if i want to change lanesthe screen does Not turn red to alert me that a car is present in the lane I am moving into. That is true when I am overtaking the car, maintaining comparable speed or it is overtaking me.
2 messages from teams Austin service center
1: hello this is tesla service. I have reviewed your vehicle data and ran diagnostics on all the driver assistance hardware. There are no malfunctions or alerts present at this time. Autopilot and cruise control will adjust vehicle speed for many reasons including databases speed limit changes, sensing a vehicle in your lane or cutting into your lane, curves in the road, exit ramps etc. You can always easily override this with excelerator pedal without canceling driver assistance features. There are no malfunctions that need to be addressed and a service visit is not needed.
2 Per the FSD Beta disclaimer: Full self driving is a early limited access beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do no become complacent. "the service team is unable to review any behavior concerns related to FSD beta performance. Manual intervention automatically generate pseudonymous snapshots which are reviewed by the autopilot for future FSD enhancement. .....As there were no hardware faults detected that require service attention, we will be closing this service visit at this time. Thank you.

Several points here. 1) I do not have FSD or advanced autopilot. 2) my old 2019 model 3 let me know there was a car present by turning the divider line and the other car red on the screen. This car does not. or should I say in the 100 or more times I have tested this it only did so twice. I guess it must have malfunctioned those times. Just where did I say my car sped up or slowed down. Tesla cars, at least my model Y are a big drop from previous models. they have lost a future customer and I now advise folks that they should NOT buy a Tesla when they ask about it.

Your model 3 (or perhaps a different car) had FSD according to your past posts. Yea, I know you say your car did not have FSD. Perhaps you forgot 🤷‍♂️ or confused the other car with FSD as basic autopilot features.

My 2022 model Y has only colored a car as red in very rare circumstances which result in autopilot being disengaged.