Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y AWD Performance Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model Y (second Tesla) on Friday 6/26. I was expecting 300+ miles of range on a "full charge"....the website still suggests 315 miles of range for this car.

When I picked up the car I was surprised that the "estimated range" at full battery capacity is only 280 miles @ 100% charge, an 80% charge is 250 miles.

In my model 3 I usually viewed the estimated range as optimistic as its too cold for 300 miles of range here in the winter. But this is almost July and I thought I should at least have started with around 315 miles estimated?

Will the 280 mile estimate become 315 miles the more I drive the car?

I picked up my Model Y (second Tesla) on Friday 6/26. I was expecting 300+ miles of range on a "full charge"....the website still suggests 315 miles of range for this car.

When I picked up the car I was surprised that the "estimated range" at full battery capacity is only 280 miles @ 100% charge, an 80% charge is 250 miles.

In my model 3 I usually viewed the estimated range as optimistic as its too cold for 300 miles of range here in the winter. But this is almost July and I thought I should at least have started with around 315 miles estimated?

Will the 280 mile estimate become 315 miles the more I drive the car?
I think you should re-check the website.

Adding the Performance upgrade package with the 21” tires has always reduced the range to 280 miles.

The 315 mile rated range only applies to the 19 and 20” wheels