Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y body repair recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the best place to bring my Model Y for body damage repair. In a parking lot, someone's car door slammed into ours as they opened it in high winds. There are dents and some scratches/scrapes to two of the doors.

Their insurance should cover it, so I want to bring it to the best place. I contacted Tesla and all they did is give me this link:

www.tesla.com

Collision Support | Tesla

Tesla Approved Body Shops have been factory trained and equipped to rebuild Tesla vehicles to the original vehicle specifications for structural integrity and quality of finish.
www.tesla.com
www.tesla.com
At this link, under "Tesla Centers", I see "Collision Centers" listed. Would this be the best place to go?

I live in Takoma Park, MD and don't mind traveling some distance to get to the best most "official" center.

Thank you in advance.

Safford Collision in Tysons are Tesla certified and do good work. Check with the insurer first though; some insurers won't pay the labor rates at Tesla-certified shops, which could land you with a bill even if the other party is responsible.