Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Brain Fart?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I went to use my 3-week-old car. I unplugged it, opened the door and nothing. The screen was totally black and no radio playing. I put the car in gear and it did move. Put it back in park and attempted a reset. The Tesla logo appeared on the screen and then the normal screen appeared and the radio began playing. No more than 3 seconds later, the music stopped and the screen went black. Locked the car and went for coffee. When I returned, touched the door handle and everything returned to normal. I trust this isn't normal.

This morning I went to use my 3-week-old car. I unplugged it, opened the door and nothing. The screen was totally black and no radio playing. I put the car in gear and it did move. Put it back in park and attempted a reset. The Tesla logo appeared on the screen and then the normal screen appeared and the radio began playing. No more than 3 seconds later, the music stopped and the screen went black. Locked the car and went for coffee. When I returned, touched the door handle and everything returned to normal. I trust this isn't normal.

I've had a M3 then a MY over three years and lots of driving. Not normal. If you can reproduce it, make a service appointment in the app.

Did you treat the car appropriately before you jumped in and tried to drive off?
You need to warm up the car in the morning. It needs time.
Say good morning lovey. Gently stroke the door handle before yanking it open.
It's not just all about you. Give it some love and attention to start with and when it's warmed up, you can enjoy the ride!