Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Camera Calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I've had my Performance Model Y for a little over 3 weeks now. It has FSD, but I'm finding that auto-steering and cruise control are often unavailable because the cameras are being calibrated. After a couple drives, these options are available again. A few drives later, and it starts calibrating again and I can't engage cruise control or auto-steering.

Is this typical in the Model Y, that the cameras "de-calibrate" and "re-calibrate" constantly? Could it be that I am not driving daily since I have been working from home more often?

Thanks!
Danny

What software version are you on?

Ours calibrated within 15 minutes of taking receipt. Every once in a while, before our first update (we're now on our third, with .8) it needed to kick is out of AS on dark, country roads at night. That has since stopped. Might be a software thing for you...

It may be software. I know I had a recent update, which supposedly added the Sentry Cam Viewer, but I wasn't able to find it after the update. I figured I was either too much of a Tesla n00b or the update wasn't the one I expected. Release notes is just a blank screen, no text.
In any case, I'll wait a while. My car is in the detailing shop getting ceramic/ppf/tints until Thursday, hopefully I can check for more updates after that