Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model y carbon fiber spoiler coming off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service request for sure. Mine was loose on both ends at delivery due to no adhesive the last three inches on either end of the spoiler. Tesla replaced it with one that fit the curvature a lot better, and had adhesive all the way to the end.

Am curious about this topic. When I first ordered at the end of April I saw more posts about the spoiler coming loose frequently but I have not seen this issue come up as much lately. I am picking up my MYP next week and am curious if Tesla has addressed this issue with more recent builds.

Mobile service come out ripped it off, said it was the "old style" that had black adhesive, and the majority of them fail. The new design is slightly different with white adhesive inside.

I just had mobile service come out and switch out my Performance spoiler. Way better install by the mobile tech than whoever did it at the factory when I took delivery of my car a year ago. The tech said to just keep putting in the requests before the 4yr/50k warranty expires if there's any indication that the spoiler is starting to come off the car.

The new spoiler still had black adhesive on it. I asked the mobile tech if he had seen any with the white adhesive and he hasn't as they've all be black. Either way, his install is way better and more straight than before so I'm happy with the outcome.

And a side note, I didn't get to keep my original spoiler as he had to take it for the warranty. Not that I cared as I wouldn't have done anything with it except eventually trash it, but just notating this since a lot of people have said they got to keep their old spoiler.

Am curious about this topic. When I first ordered at the end of April I saw more posts about the spoiler coming loose frequently but I have not seen this issue come up as much lately. I am picking up my MYP next week and am curious if Tesla has addressed this issue with more recent builds.
I got my MYP in December of 2022 and just notice one end in detaching. That's a pretty recent build I think.

I got my MYP in December of 2022 and just notice one end in detaching. That's a pretty recent build I think.
I believe you mean December 2021?!

Mine was a May 2022 build, and both ends were detached due to the contours not conforming correctly, and the fact there were no adhesive strips on the last two inches of the spoiler on each end.

Had it replaced a month after delivery, and it has been solid for about two months now. Time will tell.