Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Cargo Space (poll)

Total Model Y Cargo Space (SAE standard)?

• < 30 cu ft

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 30-35 cu ft

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 35-40 cu ft

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • >40 cu ft

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm waiting eagerly for the Model Y, but cargo space is really the deciding factor.

Currently driving an Outlander PHEV, which has some 34 cu ft of cargo space. Anything less than that would be too small for a family of four (and also a hard sell to my wife).

We are probably typical Model Y buyers, so anything bigger than 35 cu ft cargo space would increase the addressable market significantly.

What do you think? Please answer the poll!

Daniel

I’d like to see the cargo equivalent of my last ICEV, a 2014 Toyota Venza. It was a good configuration for my occasional trips and two 70lb dogs. It had just over 36sqft expanding to just over 70sqft with rear seats down. I think 36 is a good minimum for the Y.

That said, cargo space and ease of loading that cargo aren’t the only reasons for Y interest. I’m assuming getting into and out of the vehicle will be easier than the 3, and that rear seat headroom and/or thigh support will be improved. Also, the view out the rear view mirror should be much better, hopefully there will be an automated rear hatch, and a rear windshield washer/wiper.

My A3 e-tron has 14'/34' with seats up/down, and my new Tiguan has 38'/66'. I'm pretty sure the Model Y will be smaller than the Tiguan (which got substantially bigger with this past model year). I could make due with 30'/50'. Any more than that will be a bonus for me. As long as it has roof storage I'll be fine for longer trips.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
My RAV4 EV has 36.4 cuft of cargo space with all seats in place. I would also want similar cargo space in the Y. I also regularly carry an 8 foot ladder across town inside the RAV, so that would also be nice to do, should the Y replace the RAV. I'm not really in a hurry. I have an extended warranty on the RAV through 4/2021

Reactions: latimerluis