Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y changes over time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For 2023 Austin built, non-long-range, 4680 battery pack, the data port on rear side of the center console is no longer there as seen below.
Anyone know where it went?

IMG_8737 Large.jpeg

My understanding is that you have to take delivery by the end of September. Important difference. I'd make sure which one of us is correct.
Delivery
I have MYP 2023, if you want to keep a slight feel of your M3P rocket ship, get the MYP
Or longest distance +10%, LR with Boost
Think 2020 to 2023 biggest difference for you will be for and finish, tight vehicle
Btw, add rhe tow package

I think I read somewhere that it's up under the dash now. To confirm, you might want to DM Branden Flasch on Twitter. He has a 4680 MY AWD and uses all sorts of third party apps.
Branden confirmed it's gone and also said the A pillar connecters are different. I started a thread with photos of 4680 MY AWD A pillar wiring for forum experts to check out and discuss.

Delivery
I have MYP 2023, if you want to keep a slight feel of your M3P rocket ship, get the MYP
Or longest distance +10%, LR with Boost
Think 2020 to 2023 biggest difference for you will be for and finish, tight vehicle
Btw, add rhe tow package
Thanks, I have confirmed it is delivery, not order for the FSD transfer. I think some early report I saw said delivery, but that was clearly wrong.

The problem I have with the MYP is the 21" wheels and low profile tires. Within a week of buying the M3P I hit an area on the highway at 70 mph where the road surface had eroded and created a 1" depression. That caused a blowout that also damaged the rim of the 20" wheel. I had the tire replaced and the wheel repaired. I then changed to T Sportline 18" wheels and new tires with larger sidewalls. I sold the 20" wheels/tires, I hope the buyer had better luck. It looks like the MYP cannot be ordered with the 20" wheels, so if I make the change from M3P to MY I will go with LR and boost.

I plan to drive a MY LR on Friday. I'm also considering a Mach-E if I decide to move from the M3 sedan to an EV SUV. I have not driven one, but have read a lot of reviews. Clearly pluses and minuses between MY and Mach-E. There are Tesla features I would miss like Sentry mode and the Supercharger network for trips, but there are Mach-E features like CarPlay that would be nice and they are moving to NACS for Supercharger access.

Thanks, I have confirmed it is delivery, not order for the FSD transfer. I think some early report I saw said delivery, but that was clearly wrong.

The problem I have with the MYP is the 21" wheels and low profile tires. Within a week of buying the M3P I hit an area on the highway at 70 mph where the road surface had eroded and created a 1" depression. That caused a blowout that also damaged the rim of the 20" wheel. I had the tire replaced and the wheel repaired. I then changed to T Sportline 18" wheels and new tires with larger sidewalls. I sold the 20" wheels/tires, I hope the buyer had better luck. It looks like the MYP cannot be ordered with the 20" wheels, so if I make the change from M3P to MY I will go with LR and boost.

I plan to drive a MY LR on Friday. I'm also considering a Mach-E if I decide to move from the M3 sedan to an EV SUV. I have not driven one, but have read a lot of reviews. Clearly pluses and minuses between MY and Mach-E. There are Tesla features I would miss like Sentry mode and the Supercharger network for trips, but there are Mach-E features like CarPlay that would be nice and they are moving to NACS for Supercharger access.
If you really miss Carplay, get and install rhe Magbak Magsafe mount
1692736420654.png

Cured my Carplay/Waze addiction

Upsize the tires. There’s plenty of room (too much room) in the MYP wheel wells for taller tires. Flip the rears to the front and buy new rears (295/35r21 or 305/35r21 or 285/40r21). Easy and inexpensive fix. Lots of threads on this forum with details and pictures.

kpanda17, thanks for the suggestion. I looked at their website and some YouTube videos. It looks like the bottom half of the iPhone screen is blocked by the steering wheel/shifter stalk. Is that true?
No, btw best purchase is the bundle for left and right mounts they did not offer when I acquired
If you have someone in rhe pass seat a lot, get the bundle with dual charger for the center console great deal for I think $170
There are coupon codes out there
Secret, don’t tell anyone, load their app and they offer a 20-25% off code

Another tip, get their Rimcases to protect if you end up getting the MYP with 21 ubers for curb rash
Want their gen 2 protectors

Otherwise stick with MYLR and the 19” Uber covers

Happy Tesla’ng