Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Charging Pad w/ a Thick Case

Mancolt

Jan 13, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
My Galaxy Note 10 is protected by a Spigen Tough Armor case, and the charging pad isn't strong enough to charge through it. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and have you found an aftermarket wireless charging pad that works for thicker cases?

I know Qi charging through the case is possible, as that's how I charge my phone every night. Using an old, off-brand Qi charger that I've had for probably 3 years now which has no problem charging through the case.

hutsy

Mar 9, 2020
Florida
The charging pads seem to be a problem for a lot of owners, myself included. My small iphone 8 charges fine, my wifes behemoth 11 does not. My apple airpods will charge for a second and then stop.

shanerpark

Apr 14, 2020
Chicago
I'm having the same issue with my Note 9 with Spigen Thin Fit 360 case. I don't think it's the thickness of the case but maybe the size of the phone. I posted this issue on a different thread and a member said that he was purchasing the Jeda wireless for him MY. I'll post a response once he tests it out.

Georgia_Y

Closed
Feb 25, 2020
Georgia
This has been posted in multiple threads and I've given a way to test if it's the case or the positioning of the phone on the pad. Please search.

Ken R

Mar 27, 2020
Fort Mill, SC
I'm having the same issue with my Note 9 with Spigen Thin Fit 360 case. I don't think it's the thickness of the case but maybe the size of the phone. I posted this issue on a different thread and a member said that he was purchasing the Jeda wireless for him MY. I'll post a response once he tests it out.
I have a Note 9 with an Otterbox case. In the MY it will not charge with the case on the phone but if I remove the case it charges fine. Since I rarely have to charge in the car I will just remove the case if I need to use it but it would be nice if it could charge through the case like my home Qi charger.

Medic

Jun 3, 2020
NY
Samsung 10+ charges fine without case.
However normally have it in a plastic case with 2 credit cards at the back and it won't charge in that. Btw my home wireless charger does charge through the case though.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC