Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Chrome Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious about the chrome delete on Model Y, and there's some delicate-ness to this question. The "chrome delete" sections are covered in transit with tape, implying that they are somehow more delicate than the actual car paint. Is that a latex or paint cover over an underlying base chrome? Can anyone take a look at the actual edge of the chrome on a Model Y and maybe do a minor scratch test to see?

In theory if the entire part is covered, one should be able to test it on the inside of the door frame where it's never externally visible. But I'm really curious if the part is simply painted/covered.

Curious about the chrome delete on Model Y, and there's some delicate-ness to this question. The "chrome delete" sections are covered in transit with tape, implying that they are somehow more delicate than the actual car paint. Is that a latex or paint cover over an underlying base chrome? Can anyone take a look at the actual edge of the chrome on a Model Y and maybe do a minor scratch test to see?

In theory if the entire part is covered, one should be able to test it on the inside of the door frame where it's never externally visible. But I'm really curious if the part is simply painted/covered.

Here you go...

I say its pretty good, maybe a little scratch with that pointed metal pick otherwise the black trim is solid.

Enjoy, don't cringe.

Here you go...

I say its pretty good, maybe a little scratch with that pointed metal pick otherwise the black trim is solid.

Enjoy, don't cringe.
I'm actually surprised that they didn't make this part of the Performance package and make chrome standard, although I realize it would cost them more money to offer both. I bet we'll see someone do a chrome mod and be pleasantly surprised with how good it looks as well if only because it will be rare.