Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Churchill Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a Model Y that I'm picking up on the 9th of September. I went through the normal price comparison sites and was getting quotes of >£800. 43yo Male, Oxford, no claims. This compares to £419 from Churchill for my M3 that the Y is replacing. I noticed there were no Churchill quotes for the Y on the price comparison sites, so I went direct and it errored out at the end of the application. I went through the chore of trying again and saved the application on the last page and it then errored out again. I then tried clicking to retrieve the application and received a quote for £576.56. Very odd! I'd be curious to see Churchill's prices on the price comparison sites, as I suspect they'd be lower.

Is anyone else having issues with the Model Y and Churchill? I'm wondering if it's the car or the fact I don't have a number plate yet.

May or may not be the same, but last year when I got my M3 the cheapest quote I got was with churchill through a comparison site but i didn't have the number plate yet so it kept erroring out whenever i tried to actually go through to churchill to purchase later on when i did, in the end Admiral was £3 more so i just went with it as i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of phoning.

This year churchill was much cheaper on renewal and it went though absolutely fine so my guess it's to do with the fact it's a new car.

I've got a Model Y that I'm picking up on the 9th of September. I went through the normal price comparison sites and was getting quotes of >£800. 43yo Male, Oxford, no claims. This compares to £419 from Churchill for my M3 that the Y is replacing. I noticed there were no Churchill quotes for the Y on the price comparison sites, so I went direct and it errored out at the end of the application. I went through the chore of trying again and saved the application on the last page and it then errored out again. I then tried clicking to retrieve the application and received a quote for £576.56. Very odd! I'd be curious to see Churchill's prices on the price comparison sites, as I suspect they'd be lower.

Is anyone else having issues with the Model Y and Churchill? I'm wondering if it's the car or the fact I don't have a number plate yet.
I insured my new MY in June with Privilege, which is in the Churchill group of companies and uses a reskinned version of the Churchill website. You need to wait until Tesla issues you with the number plate, and then wait another 1-2 days for it to permeate into the insurer's database.

Something to try with Churchill… when I insured my M3 with Churchill, they knocked a chunk off when I added Autopilot as a modification… not EAP, just standard AP.

Think somebody on TMC forums suggested it… even the Churchill rep was confused.

Something to try with Churchill… when I insured my M3 with Churchill, they knocked a chunk off when I added Autopilot as a modification… not EAP, just standard AP.

Think somebody on TMC forums suggested it… even the Churchill rep was confused.
There was no modification called "Autopilot". I tried a few things, but none made a difference. On the plus side, my quote is down to £542.34 today!

Churchill is rejecting to provide me a quote when I select myself as the registered keeper but the car will be owned by the company.
The other providers are quoting above £1600 !! I am a 39 year old with 10 years NCD.
Can someone please suggest how can I get a cheaper insurance.

Reactions: nscar

I'm the same age and similar kind of location. I went direct to Citroen insurance for my M3 before I received the car last December and am currently paying c.£350 (15k miles fully comp).

Would definitely recommend giving them a try.

I'm the same age and similar kind of location. I went direct to Citroen insurance for my M3 before I received the car last December and am currently paying c.£350 (15k miles fully comp).

Would definitely recommend giving them a try.
Citroen insurance only seems to insure Citroen cars. There are no other manufacturers in their drop-down list.

I insured my new MY in June with Privilege, which is in the Churchill group of companies and uses a reskinned version of the Churchill website. You need to wait until Tesla issues you with the number plate, and then wait another 1-2 days for it to permeate into the insurer's database.
OH is collecting early September and has the reg but it isn't recognised on any insurance site. Presumably because it won't be actually registered until the day of collection?