Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Climate System Cycling On

ocyguy20

Jul 9, 2021
A few months ago my Y's climate system (not sure if is the cabin or battery cooling system) started cycling on around 6am on most mornings, no matter if I had driven the car the previous day or had charged the batteries. The effect of this is leaving puddles in my garage. I took the car in for service on this and was told that this was "normal" however I know several other Tesla owners and this has never happened to any of them. Can anyone tell me if this is really "normal" or if it is an issue. Thanks.

DaveORD

Mar 12, 2020
Chicagoland
There is also auto circulation to prevent moisture causing mildew smelling problems of the past. If not schedulated departure then perhaps condensation in the morning and it is trying to remove that?

Reactions: srlawren

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
There is also auto circulation to prevent moisture causing mildew smelling problems of the past. If not schedulated departure then perhaps condensation in the morning and it is trying to remove that?

IIRC, that just runs the cabin fan for 20 minutes after parking if your previous drive had the compressor on.

ocyguy20

Jul 9, 2021
Thank you all. I am guessing that it is scheduled departure. I am going to turn that off and see if that takes care of the problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC