Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y comfort suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not many have said that so I assume you might have the new one.
My model Y LR built from Austin, delivered end of dec rides very harsh, boomie cabin noice. Spoke to service technician and sales person, according to them Model Y and Model 3s ride harsh And stiff. but my experience of loaner Model 3 is quieter. I wish I hadn’t bought 2023 Model Y LR. Not a pleasant ride.

Can anyone confirm Austin has comfort suspension, i just got a vin for delivery in a few days, gotta make sure it has that... Thank you
I’ve got Model Y LR 20 inch wheels built from Austin on dec 31st. It rides very harsh and I can feel every small grain on the road and boomie noice. Some how there is a very low frequency boomie noice and ear pressure in the cabin. Absolutely no sound deathening materials in Model Ys. By design it seems like sound doesn’t escape from cabin. my daughters are getting sick every time when we ride an hour trips.
I’ve reported to Tesla, luckily I’ve got loaner model 3 and it rides much better at least comparable to under 20k cars cabin experience And ride quality. I drove 2022 model Y 19 inch wheel model Y and that one is same as 2023 model Y. unfortunately it’s by design. If I’ve a choice,in would avoid Teslas all together if I’m looking for quite cabin and pleasant ride experience. Due to price cut I’m stuck to it one else it could have been in the resale market already. There is no wonder why more Teslas in the resale market.

Taking delivery on 2023 MYLR next week. It will have the Gemini wheels cause I needed to stay under 55K and already chose the red color. Will report back on harshness, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Admittedly, I didn't read thru this whole thread, but for those experiencing harshness, have you eased a pound or two off the tire pressure? That would be my first step.

How does one ID whether it has the comfort suspension?

Taking delivery on 2023 MYLR next week. It will have the Gemini wheels cause I needed to stay under 55K and already chose the red color. Will report back on harshness, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Admittedly, I didn't read thru this whole thread, but for those experiencing harshness, have you eased a pound or two off the tire pressure? That would be my first step.

How does one ID whether it has the comfort suspension?
All MY built after ~Oct 7th, 2022 have "comfort suspension". Of note, comfort suspension is just one of many tweaks Tesla has done to MY suspension since inception. Comparing a 2020 MY to an early 2022 is already a big change according to many TMC members and a video from Ryan Shaw on YT. This latest tweak seems to have just gone viral on the internet but it is just one more tweak in a line of tweaks. Ryan Shaw was told by Tesla engineer that there have been 5-6 changes over the years.

I have the latest suspension but I also have never driven a MY before picking mine up so I have no reference. My first and ongoing impression is that the ride is very comfortable and I'm not bothered going over bumps or manhole covers. Rides better than the 2016 CX-5 I traded in for the MYLR. Seems as good or better than my previous cars like 2005 Mazda 3 and 2007 BMW 335i. And my tires are actually running at 43-44PSI right now so I know I could improve it a bit by lowering them which I will probably test out. Currently on my winter Michelin X-Ice but ran the stock tires (19") for the first 2 months.

I've never owned a car with an adjustable suspension or a soft floaty car so have no idea what I'm missing. But I like the way the MYLR drives. It all comes down to the individual and what they are expecting from preference and probably past experiences.

My fear of poor ride quality is the main reason I'm not getting better rims or the MYP. I would love the speed and acceleration, plus the MYP rims are beautiful, but I don't think I want to sacrifice ride comfort for that. I think If I were younger and single yea, but my wife would prefer comfort as well.
Just get a Model Y LR and add the acceleration boost. Real world #'s has acceleration figures basically the same. You "sacrifice" the lowered suspension, bigger wheels and fancy letters on the screen but that's basically it. You gain range and save thousands of dollars though. If you're old like me these are worthy sacrifices if the ride quality is more supple for longer trips.