Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Coming This Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model Y on April 18 and just got the VIN tonight with a delivery date in the next week. I know that I ordered just after the home charging kit was no longer included, but what about the J1772 adapter? Any chance that since I’m getting it now, the charger and adapter might be included? Thanks for any help...Super excited here!

I ordered my Model Y on April 18 and just got the VIN tonight with a delivery date in the next week. I know that I ordered just after the home charging kit was no longer included, but what about the J1772 adapter? Any chance that since I’m getting it now, the charger and adapter might be included? Thanks for any help...Super excited here!
The Tesla.com web site states that the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter is included with the vehicle.

How in the hell did you get a ~4 week EDD time?! What is this sorcery lol

Wow that was quick.. we ordered ours in November 2021 and we are still waiting

Pretty much. Do you think they are not suffering from raising prices on everything?
?
Not sure what you mean. Their profits are doing fine so they don’t appear to be suffering, but I know they’re dealing with supply and material cost Issues like everyone else. (I also don’t know the profit margins on the P vs the LR - normally more expensive models have a higher margin, but it could actually be the same or even less. I doubt it but it’s possible.)

Reactions: WhiteWi
?
Not sure what you mean. Their profits are doing fine so they don’t appear to be suffering, but I know they’re dealing with supply and material cost Issues like everyone else. (I also don’t know the profit margins on the P vs the LR - normally more expensive models have a higher margin, but it could actually be the same or even less. I doubt it but it’s possible.)
I mean exactly what you just said.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Pretty much. Do you think they are not suffering from raising prices on everything?
Your spot on. In manufacturing its not the today margins it’s the tomorrow. The double edge blade to having pre-sales out a year. While they can lock now sale prices the material margins are a wild card. Aluminum, copper, etc have all steadily increased with no end in site which long term have to come out of the sale margin. Our company has seen 50% increases in metal and transportation in a year. Locked prices don’t lock margins unfortunately. Focus on the highest possible margin even if it’s only 1% as you may need it later.

That's a good point about the risk associated with significant order delays in the setting of volatility in material prices. So here's the question - assuming the performance models are higher profit, is it better to fill them first and take the higher profit now and risk decreased future profits on the other models, or to fill all orders as they come in thereby minimizing the lead time on all orders as much as possible? I'm sure there are people with more experience than us who have thought about such things...

That's a good point about the risk associated with significant order delays in the setting of volatility in material prices. So here's the question - assuming the performance models are higher profit, is it better to fill them first and take the higher profit now and risk decreased future profits on the other models, or to fill all orders as they come in thereby minimizing the lead time on all orders as much as possible? I'm sure there are people with more experience than us who have thought about such things...
Similar to my company we pretty much cut all low margin products or minimized availability due to Hopefully yet the likely probability that tough to find parts will soon stabilize in availability and more in line with pre-inflation prices. At that point we will bring back the lower profit items.

Reactions: WhiteWi
He's either mistaken and meant April 18, 2021, or he's lying about getting a Tesla through ordering online in 4 weeks.
I ordered on April 18, 2022 and got a VIN assigned on May 9, 2022 around 8 pm. I was completely shocked at how fast it came. I got a Model Y, 7 seats, black, with tow hitch. The only thing I can think is that someone in my local area ordered it and decided against it so I was next on the list. It was incredible! I'm happy to say that I did get a home charging kit and the J1772 adapter. I've been driving it around for a few days now and it's awesome! I still have to get the auto calibration process finished though. It's taking forever! Any tips/tricks on that?

I ordered on April 18, 2022 and got a VIN assigned on May 9, 2022 around 8 pm. I was completely shocked at how fast it came. I got a Model Y, 7 seats, black, with tow hitch. The only thing I can think is that someone in my local area ordered it and decided against it so I was next on the list. It was incredible! I'm happy to say that I did get a home charging kit and the J1772 adapter. I've been driving it around for a few days now and it's awesome! I still have to get the auto calibration process finished though. It's taking forever! Any tips/tricks on that?
I hate you with a burning passion of a thousand suns but congratulations!