Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y: condition of car pick up on June 19 from Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my mY June 19th. Summary of my initial inspection: pearl white with Black induction wheels AWD. Not 100% perfect in all aspects, but I am still very happy and will have things taken care of as needed....hopefully by Tesla mobile serviceM which is wonderful.
- Paint: see a tiny chip right at edge of one door. Not obvious and is about a circle maybe 1 mm in diameter. Front bumper has a very faint sort of line that looks like paint is a bit thin. You can only see it close up and at certain angles. I am having my whole car PPF wrapped and so probabaly will not send car back to be fixed unless the two items bug me enough...see all these things up close when I typically wash my cars. Otherwise, paint seems good.
- Wheels: look great, nothing obvious
- Windows/doors/trunk/frunk/back seat release buttons/seat belts/head liner/touchscreen/emergency lights/seat controls (forgot to chk passenger and rear seats)/mats/console/glovebox/lift gate (tried button as well as my app)/interior ....work and/or look as expected
- Noticed that whoever touched my emergency light button had dirty fingers, black light colored greasy finger print. Had a similar experience w my model 3 in mid 2018. These guys or gals need to wash their hands or wear gloves ... I get it that they have dirty hands from touching greasy parts of car, but annoying that they don’t take a bit more notice....those working on car.
-Rear middle seat alignment: looked a bit lower/ slight off alignment, so I may get that looked at. It does not look as bad as one I saw on YouTube though.
-Gaps: gaps as about similar as what I see on my model 3. Slightly larger gap near right tail light than left and at the point where top of trunk lifts. Would have preferred more even gaps but I am more concerned with leaks than gaps.
-Driving: quiet, really much more zippy than I expected for its larger size and it did not have that “ heavy feel” like when I had a loaner model S.
- Seals on roof of car: will have to check this later
- car currently at shop to get PPF full wrap on exterior & will be protecting the nice black piano finish of console with PPF too...love shiny black and don’t want a scratch on it and PPF works great, as have the console in my model 3 with PPF and no scratches!

Overall, the car looks beautiful, love the blacked out chrome, tinting on back windows too..... and for me the driving experience is my top priority...and it did not disappoint. I love smaller sized cars and still absolutely love my long range model 3!.... despite picking up the mY ....will by mainly my husband’s car.
I love that finally we are able to be on EVs for our commuting and almost all driving. I have wanted this for a long time now, but took a long time to save for this! Hope the summary was helpful.
6215A62B-44C3-4AEE-A540-6077CE1263C8.jpeg
0AF0DFA6-8367-4EB1-B477-EF102B085040.jpeg

Picked up my mY June 19th. Summary of my initial inspection: pearl white with Black induction wheels AWD. Not 100% perfect in all aspects, but I am still very happy and will have things taken care of as needed....hopefully by Tesla mobile serviceM which is wonderful.
- Paint: see a tiny chip right at edge of one door. Not obvious and is about a circle maybe 1 mm in diameter. Front bumper has a very faint sort of line that looks like paint is a bit thin. You can only see it close up and at certain angles. I am having my whole car PPF wrapped and so probabaly will not send car back to be fixed unless the two items bug me enough...see all these things up close when I typically wash my cars. Otherwise, paint seems good.
- Wheels: look great, nothing obvious
- Windows/doors/trunk/frunk/back seat release buttons/seat belts/head liner/touchscreen/emergency lights/seat controls (forgot to chk passenger and rear seats)/mats/console/glovebox/lift gate (tried button as well as my app)/interior ....work and/or look as expected
- Noticed that whoever touched my emergency light button had dirty fingers, black light colored greasy finger print. Had a similar experience w my model 3 in mid 2018. These guys or gals need to wash their hands or wear gloves ... I get it that they have dirty hands from touching greasy parts of car, but annoying that they don’t take a bit more notice....those working on car.
-Rear middle seat alignment: looked a bit lower/ slight off alignment, so I may get that looked at. It does not look as bad as one I saw on YouTube though.
-Gaps: gaps as about similar as what I see on my model 3. Slightly larger gap near right tail light than left and at the point where top of trunk lifts. Would have preferred more even gaps but I am more concerned with leaks than gaps.
-Driving: quiet, really much more zippy than I expected for its larger size and it did not have that “ heavy feel” like when I had a loaner model S.
- Seals on roof of car: will have to check this later
- car currently at shop to get PPF full wrap on exterior & will be protecting the nice black piano finish of console with PPF too...love shiny black and don’t want a scratch on it and PPF works great, as have the console in my model 3 with PPF and no scratches!

Overall, the car looks beautiful, love the blacked out chrome, tinting on back windows too..... and for me the driving experience is my top priority...and it did not disappoint. I love smaller sized cars and still absolutely love my long range model 3!.... despite picking up the mY ....will by mainly my husband’s car.
I love that finally we are able to be on EVs for our commuting and almost all driving. I have wanted this for a long time now, but took a long time to save for this! Hope the summary was helpful.
View attachment 554416 View attachment 554418
Congrats! I've just had mine for two weeks and love it - glad I moved up from the M3, though it was great in it's own way.

One thought on the rear seat: I thought mine was off too 'til I remembered the rear seats actually have a few recline positions. Once I adjusted the right rear seat everything is great - felt kind of foolish but there it is.... ;) And yes everyone is currently shocked by the one car with the leaking roof but that's the only one I've seen - not a systemic issue. As for the tail lights I believe everyone has some degree of "misalignment". A tech tweaked mine a bit and they're better but not perfect and I'm not losing any sleep over it. My hatch made a loud bang when opening and several people have complained of that and/or misalignment but mine was fixed and it seems others have been fixed too by realignment of the hatch and/or catch mechanism. Thankful my issues were minor and easily fixed.

Anyway, enjoy!