Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Damage Estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some grandma didn't check her blind spot and swerved into my passenger side front-bumper/headlights area :(

Sadly it looks like the other driver might be uninsured so I'll probably have to use my uninsured driver coverage (my stupid ass should have bumped this coverage amount up smh). Trying to get an idea of costs / wondering if anyone thinks its totaled?

Also, I'm just now setting things up with my insurance provider but wondering if I need to give my local service center a heads up or anything?? Any tips would be appreciated as this is my first accident ever...

Attachments

• IMG_9893.jpeg
    IMG_9893.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 177
If anyone has any idea about turnaround time for a fix like this in the NYC area that would be great! I'm also not sure if Tesla service centers even handle these types of fixes? I'm assuming it would be done through a Tesla certified shop?

Yeah, I believe the NY/NJ you lose your license and registration for a year + some dollars in fines if you are in an uninsured accident.

I had a branch fall on my MYP and smash my windshield and dent the a-pillar. Total repair cost was $6k+ and took only 2wks from a local authorized repair shop here in NJ. I would assume your repairs would be a good deal more then that and will be subject to parts availability.

I do not think there is a whole lot that can be done until you get a quote from your claims adjuster. They should also be able to recommend repair shops.

Luckily if the accident is deemed the other's fault, which you can validate with the footage, your rates won't go up. It would be claimed under your uninsured/under insured policy.
Hopefully it doesn't get totaled as prices for Ys are up, along with the wait time. Were you able to get a police report and the other party's info? If they are uninsured, you can still take them to small claims court or file a law suit, depending on value to get reimbursed for out of pocket expenses, insurance deductible and the diminished value of your Y. Seeing as they were uninsured, they may not have a lot of money, but at least you can go through the motions to collect what you can.

Some grandma didn't check her blind spot and swerved into my passenger side front-bumper/headlights area :(

Sadly it looks like the other driver might be uninsured so I'll probably have to use my uninsured driver coverage (my stupid ass should have bumped this coverage amount up smh). Trying to get an idea of costs / wondering if anyone thinks its totaled?

Also, I'm just now setting things up with my insurance provider but wondering if I need to give my local service center a heads up or anything?? Any tips would be appreciated as this is my first accident ever...
Take her bingo and Depends money.