Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y dead at service - total power loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my Y to service 10 days ago for some minor stuff and Homelink installation. While at service, it reportedly completely lost power to the point where service had to "break in" to get access to the car. Service is doing its best as far as I can tell and my service advisor has been pretty responsive but now the engineering team from California is involved with diagnosing the car since service can't figure out what's going on. Still no power, to the point where I couldn't even get a document I needed from the glovebox because they're not able to open it without power.

I'm set up with a loaner so there isn't really a huge inconvenience but I'm concerned about a new car staying in service for 10+ days without a clear diagnosis of what's going on or how to fix it. Has this happened to anyone?

I miss my car!! Keeping fingers crossed...

Reactions: yellowr6
I took my Y to service 10 days ago for some minor stuff and Homelink installation. While at service, it reportedly completely lost power to the point where service had to "break in" to get access to the car. Service is doing its best as far as I can tell and my service advisor has been pretty responsive but now the engineering team from California is involved with diagnosing the car since service can't figure out what's going on. Still no power, to the point where I couldn't even get a document I needed from the glovebox because they're not able to open it without power.

I'm set up with a loaner so there isn't really a huge inconvenience but I'm concerned about a new car staying in service for 10+ days without a clear diagnosis of what's going on or how to fix it. Has this happened to anyone?

I miss my car!! Keeping fingers crossed...

You can look it up, but there’s a video floating around of how you can open the glove box manually

Reactions: Mooroo