TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y dead at service - total power loss

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Mooroo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Mooroo

Mooroo Member

I took my Y to service 10 days ago for some minor stuff and Homelink installation. While at service, it reportedly completely lost power to the point where service had to "break in" to get access to the car. Service is doing its best as far as I can tell and my service advisor has been pretty responsive but now the engineering team from California is involved with diagnosing the car since service can't figure out what's going on. Still no power, to the point where I couldn't even get a document I needed from the glovebox because they're not able to open it without power.

I'm set up with a loaner so there isn't really a huge inconvenience but I'm concerned about a new car staying in service for 10+ days without a clear diagnosis of what's going on or how to fix it. Has this happened to anyone?

I miss my car!! Keeping fingers crossed...

• Like x 1
  2. ArtK

ArtK Member

Good luck Mooroo. I hope she pulls through!

• Funny x 1
  3. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

Could they just provide 12v to get j to the glovebox?

• Like x 1
  4. Mooroo

Mooroo Member

They didn’t sound like that was an option but I didn’t ask specifically.

5. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  6. Reborn

Reborn Member

You can look it up, but there’s a video floating around of how you can open the glove box manually

• Like x 1
  7. TomServo

TomServo Active Member

Unless the Y is different there is a way to manually open a glove box

Good luck

• Like x 1