Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y deliveries to Canada? June? Who?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I'm in contact with Tesla for my Model Y deliveries, told me to fill out my account detail. One bummer, they told me is I would get charge the higher current price if I switch to induction wheels option. I ordered my last year, when Induction wheel was not available.

Did my registration and loan application was approved. Next is proof of insurance so waiting on TD to get back to a quote. I'm guessing they'll use an existing car like the Model X to estimate, similar to using the Model S when the 3 wasn't available in the database yet.

Also wanted to change wheels from 19" to 20" and they wouldn't let me do it. Would increase price of car and put me at the back of the line

Just confirming that they aren't allowing you to upgrade from 19" to 20" is a Canadian model Y order, right?

I asked around and it seems some model Y owners were able to upgrade to 20" but at different USD price...2200 and 2000, so it seems like its more up to sale person and wheels availability. Too bad, I'll probably get an after market rims and Tesla is not going to get my rim money.

Posted this in the other thread as well-we got a call yesterday for tentative delivery on the 18th (car is supposed to come up from California this weekend hence the "tentative"). White ext, black int, LRAWD /w induction wheels.

For those in Vancouver, our pick up is at their Great Northern Way facility (seems like the 1st delivery was at West 4th? Not sure if that was for promo or if they're splitting deliveries between locations). COVID procedures in place, so only 1 person allowed inside to sign registration/set up ICBC and must wear a mask. They said I'd be allowed to help my husband inspect the car before he goes inside though.

Posted this in the other thread as well-we got a call yesterday for tentative delivery on the 18th (car is supposed to come up from California this weekend hence the "tentative"). White ext, black int, LRAWD /w induction wheels.

I have nothing yet, and I ordered before Christmas. When did you ordered and was induction wheels an option?

I'm a bit torn, by getting it now or waiting a bit. I read of all the build issue like gaps. I happen to walk by Tesla downtown and they had a Model Y on displayed and noticed a couple of gaps. I hope to they fix it before I get mine. BTW, the sale guy said they had 2000 orders and have 250 Y shipping in.

I have nothing yet, and I ordered before Christmas. When did you ordered and was induction wheels an option?

I'm a bit torn, by getting it now or waiting a bit. I read of all the build issue like gaps. I happen to walk by Tesla downtown and they had a Model Y on displayed and noticed a couple of gaps. I hope to they fix it before I get mine. BTW, the sale guy said they had 2000 orders and have 250 Y shipping in.

We ordered May 2019 but black with regular wheels. Changed to white with induction early 2020.

Reactions: roach_779
Just confirming that they aren't allowing you to upgrade from 19" to 20" is a Canadian model Y order, right?

I asked around and it seems some model Y owners were able to upgrade to 20" but at different USD price...2200 and 2000, so it seems like its more up to sale person and wheels availability. Too bad, I'll probably get an after market rims and Tesla is not going to get my rim money.
yep let me upgrade to full autodriving mode but wont let me upgarde wheels

Reactions: roach_779
I found a VIN number viewing the source code of my reserrvation page. Not sure what this means... no VIN in the account. Does anyone know?

Probably means that the VIN has provisionally been assigned to you. If the same VIN stays on your account in the source code even after a few days, likely means that the VIN will be given to you and will eventually show up on the page and relevant documents (i.e final contract).

Probably means that the VIN has provisionally been assigned to you. If the same VIN stays on your account in the source code even after a few days, likely means that the VIN will be given to you and will eventually show up on the page and relevant documents (i.e final contract).

Great. It's for a model y performance. I ordered fairly late in the process so happy to see I might have a shot at it soon.