Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery and trade in question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I had ordered my model y last year in September. It was suppose to be delivered in March but got delayed to August. a week back, I went in and added FSD to my built and what you know my EDD now in two weeks and have VIN assigned. I have no intention of keeping FSD and I see the remove button is still visible. Should I remove it now or do it a few days before delivery?

Also, I’m trading in my current vehicle which was appraised by Tesla when it was like 200 miles lower. I’m going to be taking a trip soon and I need the vehicle and I can estimate it there will be another 700miles be added(total 30k miles). I don’t want the appraisal value to change significantly. Should I rent a different vehicle for the trip or just go with mine?

Thank you all for reading my post. I really appreciate it.

Hi,

I had ordered my model y last year in September. It was suppose to be delivered in March but got delayed to August. a week back, I went in and added FSD to my built and what you know my EDD now in two weeks and have VIN assigned. I have no intention of keeping FSD and I see the remove button is still visible. Should I remove it now or do it a few days before delivery?

Also, I’m trading in my current vehicle which was appraised by Tesla when it was like 200 miles lower. I’m going to be taking a trip soon and I need the vehicle and I can estimate it there will be another 700miles be added(total 30k miles). I don’t want the appraisal value to change significantly. Should I rent a different vehicle for the trip or just go with mine?

Thank you all for reading my post. I really appreciate it.
I would take FSD out right away if you still have the option to since the VIN has been assigned anyway. How long ago was your vehicle appraised ? Appraisals with Tesla are funny business, if a bird poops on your car the previous appraisal is invalid /s but seriously I doubt it will still hold the same price. They easily expire.

Reactions: mra1991
I would take FSD out right away if you still have the option to since the VIN has been assigned anyway. How long ago was your vehicle appraised ? Appraisals with Tesla are funny business, if a bird poops on your car the previous appraisal is invalid /s but seriously I doubt it will still hold the same price. They easily expire.
My current appraisal expires 5/7. Delivery date 5/10-5/14. Yeah I feel like they are going to appraise it again. Are they really going to be anal about vehicle imperfections?

My current appraisal expires 5/7. Delivery date 5/10-5/14. Yeah I feel like they are going to appraise it again. Are they really going to be anal about vehicle imperfections?
But your current appraisal expires after X amount of miles, does it say that on the "fine print" or is it implied? I do believe they are going to appraise it once more and try to lowball you but who knows its all up to the people that you speak to. I believe that after 200 miles it is a given that they will re-appraise so I would not rent a vehicle just for a roadtrip, they will deduct money either way so why pay twice. Good luck with all that !

Reactions: mra1991
Someone told me to remove it when you are scheduling for delivery. I’m probably going to do that. I have my excuse ready, I’m probably going to say that I didn’t know there was a monthly subscription program. I will do that. Thank you 🙏 😊.
Yes that is what I heard, let us know how that goes. Once you have your delivery scheduled you should be able to remove it. Does it require you to call or can you do it yourself? I expect that is not going to trigger new pricing for MY will apply as some SAs said.

Yes that is what I heard, let us know how that goes. Once you have your delivery scheduled you should be able to remove it. Does it require you to call or can you do it yourself? I expect that is not going to trigger new pricing for MY will apply as some SAs said.
Right now I can still see the remove FSD button in my account. Hopefully it stays this way. Rather not go into a phone conversation. My SA is like a robot. Doesn’t want to budge in any sort of way.

Reactions: Albertsv