Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery anxiety? The wait is worth it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This place does feel like a place where people come to tell their victim stories lately. So sad. Lots of people waiting to get their cars. I don't see this happening so much with the other car manufacturers. Wonder if their CEOs know what is happening. What will be the outcome in the coming years for the other car manufacturers? I saw an article about blackberry and how they didn't know or adapt to apple and Android so they just phased out and lost all of their market share.
Doubt that’s gonna happen. There’s too many tesla fan boys and girls out there and by the time one actually gets the car the rimming they received prior is just a memory in the past…even those with production issues that need to schedule a service appointment that will take weeks to book don’t mind. From what I’ve read and keep reading, people will just drink the juice and follow the great leader Elon.

No one seems to remember getting in line at midnight back in 2016 to put $1000 down on a Model 3 sight unseen

Then waiting basically TWO YEARS to get to place your order, let alone take delivery. And I would do it again... ...if it was 2016 still

I heard the Palo Alto Tesla store had over 500 people in line when it opened at 10 AM, fortunately it was midnight anyway, so I drove all the way down to the Monterey store and a much shorter line, that I was at the head of

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladybugn and Dayreg
I ordered my model Y in October of 2021. My delivery estimate was first April, then May, then July, then August, then August-September and now it’s September to October 2022. It’s really frustrating that when you order a vehicle and expect a few months until delivery and it keeps getting pushed back with no reason really given. An entire year to wait for a vehicle is a long time, most will say well it could be delivered quicker but it makes it extremely difficult to plan for financing if you have no idea when the car is going to be delivered. Figured I would share my frustration here. The Spec I have is not the base model y long range, there are add ons so I figured that would help with deliver times but it hasn’t. I have everything besides the financing already submitted so it’s not like they are waiting on me. My only hope at this point is if I have to wait, I will get the Texas made Model Y with the 4680 battery.