Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date Push Out to October 2022 - January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Multi-month EDD ranges are generally like a placeholder as Tesla shuffles things around their system. Same thing when you get an EDD that is just the month name, like June, or TBD.

I bet it will recalculate soon. This past week, my own EDD went from a 2 week window in May to July-August then back to May 8-May 19 yesterday.
I ordered mine October 6 2021 and got it on Tuesday. It’s coming!!

Reactions: Stardew and tacosor
Two weeks ago my EDD changed to May 14 - May 25. Received the trade in text and replied that I didn’t have a trade in. Right after the EDD changed all the way to November - February 2023 and has been like that for over a week. This is crazy!

My order is a MSM LR, with 20” wheels ordered on January 6.

Two weeks ago my EDD changed to May 14 - May 25. Received the trade in text and replied that I didn’t have a trade in. Right after the EDD changed all the way to November - February 2023 and has been like that for over a week. This is crazy!

My order is a MSM LR, with 20” wheels ordered on January 6.
Very similar situation for me. Two weeks ago my EDD changed to May 15-May 29. Received the trade in text last week and replied I would consider a trade in. They added the trade to my account and the next morning my EDD changed to Nov-Feb 2023 and has been showing that for about a week.

Black LR everything else standard ordered on 11/26.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Ordered MYLR Back with 20inch wheels, back in early April; last week got the trade in offer, and EDD of 24-30th June. Also request for payment. Went to add the V5 and instead of adding it the system removed my whole trading in offer. Spoke to their help desk who said to re-request it. Stupidly enough we did that without making the payment, now my EDD have moved out to end of July and request for payment has gone.
Ordering a Tesla is the most painful think I have ever done.

Seems the MYLR orders are really pushed to the back. Especially those of us who ordered when the prices were 8-9k less. I keep getting my hopes up near the end of each quarter but then it seems to get worse as they appear to push the higher revenue orders through. It's almost like they are forcing me to change to a performance or FSD. :-(

Reactions: FLTessie
My EDD has moved around several times, but would generally stay between June-September. I was okay with that. Last month, it pushed all the way back to Oct-Jan 2023. When I saw "2023," it was a real gut-punch. My profile was completed within a couple of days of my OD - I changed everything to cash on delivery, no trade. While I'm not quite ready for delivery right at this moment, I was expecting an early fall delivery (maybe end of summer). Because the used car market has been crazy, we sold my car in mid-February. Seeing the empty garage is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Seems the MYLR orders are really pushed to the back. Especially those of us who ordered when the prices were 8-9k less. I keep getting my hopes up near the end of each quarter but then it seems to get worse as they appear to push the higher revenue orders through. It's almost like they are forcing me to change to a performance or FSD. :-(
I'm in the same boat,(20"white int.no fsd) today if I switched the price difference with sales tax & lic. is 17K P vs LR...heck I could add fsd and still 7k less than Performance. Still on the account to add for 10k but not sure even if I bit on fsd it would bump me up from what I have read?

I'm in the same boat,(20"white int.no fsd) today if I switched the price difference with sales tax & lic. is 17K P vs LR...heck I could add fsd and still 7k less than Performance. Still on the account to add for 10k but not sure even if I bit on fsd it would bump me up from what I have read?
I'm going to wait them out for the MYLR. Living in Idaho I need to squeeze every mile of range I can plus, I really don't wan to go through tires any faster than necessary. May add performance boost down the road just to get a little closer :cool:

Multi-month EDD ranges are generally like a placeholder as Tesla shuffles things around their system. Same thing when you get an EDD that is just the month name, like June, or TBD.

I bet it will recalculate soon. This past week, my own EDD went from a 2 week window in May to July-August then back to May 8-May 19 yesterday.
Well? May 19th is gone... did you take delivery??

I ordered my MYLR, white paint, black seats, 5 seats, + tow package, 19" wheels, no FSD in December 2021 and two weeks ago it moved from EDD Oct 2022 to "Nov 2022 to Feb 2023." The EDD is still the same two weeks later.

Thing is, if I placed a new preorder today with the same config, I would get the same EDD! Pretty bummed.

• Disagree
I ordered my MYLR, white paint, black seats, 5 seats, + tow package, 19" wheels, no FSD in December 2021 and two weeks ago it moved from EDD Oct 2022 to "Nov 2022 to Feb 2023." The EDD is still the same two weeks later.

Thing is, if I placed a new preorder today with the same config, I would get the same EDD! Pretty bummed.
I have the same issue and it’s been more than two weeks with the November to February 2023. The EDD right before that was May 14 to May 25 which is the famous two week window. I’ve had generic placeholder dates but never has it lasted more than a couple days.

All we can do is wait. I just can’t believe a company worth several hundred billions of dollars can’t get a simple delivery algorithm right. Can’t be planning my life, job, vacation around a unicorn delivery date of a car that I’m buying to make that buying experience hassle free.

Ordered my MYLR, black/black tow package on 2/22/2022
First EDD changed to June19-July 17

Then end of first quarter jumped to Oct- Jan 2023
Has not moved in 2 months
B67F2096-1FD6-4031-8DCC-365886E6FFC8.jpeg
o
It moved, but not what I wanted