Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date Push Out to October 2022 - January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD shifted to the end of 2022/beginning of 2023 at the end of April. Hasn't budged since!
Mine just got changed today from Feb -may 2023 to March-June 2023 , I spoke with SA last week and he said it will move back to august -September 2022 range but looks like all the information these advisors give does not match to the reality .

Like many today, mine has been shifted as well...
Not surprised, as things could easily be shifted by supply constraints, manufacturing issues... on and on....
It makes sense with the amount of sheer volume that has come in due to gas prices etc.
Tesla's been bottle-necked and it only makes sense but that doesn't take away from how much it sucks haha

Like many today, mine has been shifted as well...
Not surprised, as things could easily be shifted by supply constraints, manufacturing issues... on and on....
It makes sense with the amount of sheer volume that has come in due to gas prices etc.
Tesla's been bottle-necked and it only makes sense but that doesn't take away from how much it sucks haha
So, Chris, even upgrading to 20" wheels didn't save you? That surprises me, because a sales associated said that if you make any upgrades you will get delivered earlier, and showed us this with the estimated delivery dates before order. Me, I'm MYLR, Pearl White/Black OD 3/4/22, today EDD 2023 Mar-June. Oy!

Didn't we order before the Ukraine invasion gas price surge, and therefore before the big surge in orders? I'm worried that I may have been before the big gas price surge, but I'll get shafted because I didn't order any upgrades. In other words, people ordering MYP for sure, and maybe people ordering a few thousand $$$ extras will still be in line first. (Though apparently the 20" wheels was not enough to help you.)

So, Chris, even upgrading to 20" wheels didn't save you? That surprises me, because a sales associated said that if you make any upgrades you will get delivered earlier, and showed us this with the estimated delivery dates before order. Me, I'm MYLR, Pearl White/Black OD 3/4/22, today EDD 2023 Mar-June. Oy!

Didn't we order before the Ukraine invasion gas price surge, and therefore before the big surge in orders? I'm worried that I may have been before the big gas price surge, but I'll get shafted because I didn't order any upgrades. In other words, people ordering MYP for sure, and maybe people ordering a few thousand $$$ extras will still be in line first. (Though apparently the 20" wheels was not enough to help you.)

Ahhhh, It did save me a little bit as my current updated window is Dec22-Mar23 (Previously October22-Jan23)... but like many others the window has been push to the right.
We'll see how this goes though... and worse/best case-scenario we get our hands on a fresh 2023 MY for 2022 pricing.

Hurrah for all you Tesla, "Oldtimers". My MYLR (OD 1/31/22) EDD has moved 5 times. This time, like many folks; from 8/22 suddenly, to 12/22-4/23 ! Initially, I panicked, but after reading the many posts from Forum, "regulars" who've seen this so many times saying, "DON'T PANIC, the EDD will reset shortly". Sure enough, the next day, our EDD is back to 9/22-11/22. You folks are a great calming influence for we Tesla newbies!

Hurrah for all you Tesla, "Oldtimers". My MYLR (OD 1/31/22) EDD has moved 5 times. This time, like many folks; from 8/22 suddenly, to 12/22-4/23 ! Initially, I panicked, but after reading the many posts from Forum, "regulars" who've seen this so many times saying, "DON'T PANIC, the EDD will reset shortly". Sure enough, the next day, our EDD is back to 9/22-11/22. You folks are a great calming influence for we Tesla newbies!
After also getting bouncing EDDs, my date just reset to July-Aug!! My faith in Tesla's process has been restored.

For reference, I ordered a white Model Y LR June 2:
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Black Interior
with Autopilot and Tow Hitch

I did the registration and trade-in selection right after ordering. I got an error 400 when trying to pick the yes/no for financing until today.
My EDD hasn't changed from Dec2022 - Mar2023. I'll update as things change.
I'm optimistic I'll get it before Dec, but def not gonna hold my breath.

I ordered my Model Y on March 2. I had a September delivery date since then, today I see it is now December to March 2023. This is crazy! My Model 3 LR only took 3 months.
Hang in there....seems a lot of people that had this same date push yesterday are now getting corrected today to more specific date ranges than they had before. Some report even earlier dates than they had before. I think everyone will be reset to a more reasonable date within then next few days.

Reactions: mrazndead
After also getting bouncing EDDs, my date just reset to July-Aug!! My faith in Tesla's process has been restored.
It’s probably a tactic so we accept another delay. Next time, I bet they’ll say delayed to 2024, make us panic for a couple of days then update EDD to 2023. We’ll be happy to settle for a year earlier than 2024 😂

What angle?
I have been making visits to the service center that I’m picking up my car at, made friends with a nice young lady there and made her laugh, all the girls wanna laugh.

Whilst talking with her she mentioned that the have a black model Y that is a showroom car but it had 20’s and no tow.
I ordered tow and Gemini’s.

She is going to “try” to get me that car, if I could drop my tow package and add 20’s it may work.

She said she would be back at work today and to call her. She actually answers her calls! She stated that there is a “possibility” that I could get that one by this weekend! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I am not one to condone sucking up, but in this situation and since she’s a girl I have no problem with it. If it helps that would be great!

I started speaking with her about a month ago, I saw her on Monday and since the end of the quarter push is really going I have a slight bit of hope that it will work. 🤞🏼