Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date Push Out to October 2022 - January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M apologies! I ordered mine in March 2022. That was a typo. I believe I ordered it on the 18th or 19th. Sorry I’m not familiar with forums and how to read signatures. It appears you got the estimated delivery time of October 24-December 4 - which is what I had before mine change to august to pctober then I got the October to November I day now I’m November 1 to December 13. Very frustrating
I'm on my 7th EDD, I've seen others with more, very annoying!

For some time now I’ve had an Edd window for my new MYLR of 10-26 September 22.
Removed my trade in yesterday as got a better deal selling elsewhere (teslas price dropped 7k) and today my edd has changed to October 31st to December 25th ??

Reactions: JDEWD250
Finally we got a VIN!!!
MYLR White/black -5 seats. OD Sept 05/21
EDD Feb-March; Aug 13-Sept 24; Oct2-Nov13; Sept 12-Oct17; Sept 6-Oct4; Sept13-Sept26; Sept 8- Sept 22; Sept 10-Sept14.
I am just quoting the insurance with Geico (my current ins) and it's giving me a price of $1,200 for 6 months 😵‍💫. We have a Model 3 2021 and we pay $350 less...😑

Finally we got a VIN!!!
MYLR White/black -5 seats. OD Sept 05/21
EDD Feb-March; Aug 13-Sept 24; Oct2-Nov13; Sept 12-Oct17; Sept 6-Oct4; Sept13-Sept26; Sept 8- Sept 22; Sept 10-Sept14.
I am just quoting the insurance with Geico (my current ins) and it's giving me a price of $1,200 for 6 months 😵‍💫. We have a Model 3 2021 and we pay $350 less...😑
I have geico as well, I have a clean record and mine will double!

$900 for 6 months
978ADE61-1621-4C5E-85B5-42A82385CDB9.jpeg

$900 for 6 months
View attachment 847001
Ouch! I just switched from GEICO (premium was about $650/6 months for a'21 3 SR+ and '19 Honda Pilot for me and the wife) to Tesla Insurance in July when it became available in MD. For pretty much the exact same deductibles and coverages (slightly better actually), I'm scheduled to pay $442/6 months based on a 90 driver score. But if I can maintain at least a 95 score (currently 96 due to some bogus FCWs :confused:) I can drop my premiums at least another 25%.
Breaks down $254 for the 3, $188 for the Pilot.

FWIW, my FIL recently got his LRY and his premium is $600/6 months in CA with Tesla Insurance. For some reason, Tesla won't cover the MIL's Lexus. They said eligibility is based off VIN, and the Lexus wasn't eligible for coverage. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

$900 for 6 months
View attachment 847001
$900 for a Model Y? We already have a Model 3 and Geico charges us $896 ... But quoting the new MY that we are getting -just for the MY- is $1,221 - so for both we will pay $2,116/ 6 months!! I do have a speeding ticket ... I was careless driving at 37miles in a 25mile zone :rolleyes:. But this is NY.

Ouch! I just switched from GEICO (premium was about $650/6 months for a'21 3 SR+ and '19 Honda Pilot for me and the wife) to Tesla Insurance in July when it became available in MD. For pretty much the exact same deductibles and coverages (slightly better actually), I'm scheduled to pay $442/6 months based on a 90 driver score. But if I can maintain at least a 95 score (currently 96 due to some bogus FCWs :confused:) I can drop my premiums at least another 25%.
Breaks down $254 for the 3, $188 for the Pilot.

FWIW, my FIL recently got his LRY and his premium is $600/6 months in CA with Tesla Insurance. For some reason, Tesla won't cover the MIL's Lexus. They said eligibility is based off VIN, and the Lexus wasn't eligible for coverage. 🤷‍♂️
I guess I will move to MD!!!

• Funny
$900 for a Model Y? We already have a Model 3 and Geico charges us $896 ... But quoting the new MY that we are getting -just for the MY- is $1,221 - so for both we will pay $2,116/ 6 months!! I do have a speeding ticket ... I was careless driving at 37miles in a 25mile zone :rolleyes:. But this is NY.
I think Geico will go once I get my model Y, between Tesla insurance and the new credit union I joined I think either or both will beat Geico

Removed my trade in yesterday as got a better deal selling elsewhere (teslas price dropped 7k) and today my edd has changed to October 31st to December 25th ??
ouch! You are getting ready for a delivery coming up with in a fortnight, and Tesla changes the picture!

I hope shortly you get a much improved delivery.

Reactions: Cmgtm3
What configuration have you chosen ?
I included a photo of my configuration.
One thing I’m kicking myself for is not ordering it with the FSD. Two days ago it went up in price. In Canada the FSD went up to 19,500 from 12,500. Which is a problem because should I add it now to avoid another increase before my delivery, it puts me into the Ontario luxury car tax in addition to the 13% I will need to pay upon payment / pick up.

Attachments

• 90D73264-9761-4759-9609-B53EBD40EAFC.jpeg
    90D73264-9761-4759-9609-B53EBD40EAFC.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 80
One thing I’m kicking myself for is not ordering it with the FSD. Two days ago it went up in price. In Canada the FSD went up to 19,500 from 12,500. Which is a problem because should I add it now to avoid another increase before my delivery, it puts me into the Ontario luxury car tax in addition to the 13% I will need to pay upon payment / pick up.
You won't have to pay the new price if you order before taking delivery. Check on your account page. Should be a button to upgrade from Basic Autopilot and it should be the old price from the time you ordered. My March order shows I can add it for $10,600 which sounds like a deal compared to the new price but still isn't worth it to me as I'll sell this car long before FSD becomes worth it. Also no one seems to be getting into the Beta program right now so it is basically useless compared to EAP. Maybe that will change by end of year but who knows? Still if it is something you want then you can add it for the old price. If you take delivery then you'd be subject to new pricing if you add it later.

I just cancelled my EAP, only $6000 but once I started thinking about it, I can subscribe to FSD for $200 a month, that's 30 months of use to get to $6000 and I will only really use it a few times a year for road trips, regular autopilot will be fine between subscriptions for me.

Reactions: Budding
Finally!! After 371 days waiting, we will pick up our MYLR on Sunday 9/11 😅 We decided to trade-in a Subaru- Surprisingly it was the same money that CarMax offered. We are dumping Geico as the insurer. State Farm gave us a better price (same coverage) for two Teslas. I hope that we won't find any issues at pick up.

I decided to trade in. Tesla recalculated the new Total price of our MYLR (including trade in, sales tax, etc) and the price was reduced by an additional $2k because the Sales tax is being calculated with the new price!

I decided to trade in. Tesla recalculated the new Total price of our MYLR (including trade in, sales tax, etc) and the price was reduced by an additional $2k because the Sales tax is being calculated with the new price!
Nice, unfortunately California does not allow the trade in to lower the sticker price, so no matter if you have a trade in or not, Calif taxes you for full price!

Damn it!