Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery date uncertainty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I placed my order in January of 2023, my delivery date moved up for a little bit to April or May.

But now, it's October 2022 or January 2023, which is the same date as if I placed an order right now. 6 month wait, for nothing?
Did I miss something from them to try and set up a delivery date, assign a vin, so it got pushed out or is this just part of the normal shenanigans?

Reactions: Chris Rivera
If you're getting pushed back, you can believe the people ordering today are also getting pushed back even further. Reports show there is some kind of logic/queue happening based on order date. But think of it this way, the price you ordered your car at is cheaper than what people are ordering their car today at

Upvote 0
I just read a thread from a member who stated MYP received in 1 month from OD to DD🤷‍♂️

MYP - White Ext / Black Int / No Tow / No FSD

OD - 02/25/22 - Orange CA
EDD #1 - 03/30/22 - 04/18/22
EDD #2 - 03/30/22 - 04/13/22

Received Trade-In text 03/28/22.

Scheduled Delivery for Tomorrow, 03/30/22.

Upvote 0
I just read a thread from a member who stated MYP received in 1 month from OD to DD🤷‍♂️

MYP - White Ext / Black Int / No Tow / No FSD

OD - 02/25/22 - Orange CA
EDD #1 - 03/30/22 - 04/18/22
EDD #2 - 03/30/22 - 04/13/22

Received Trade-In text 03/28/22.

Scheduled Delivery for Tomorrow, 03/30/22.
Yeah. I’m glad they got their car, but it sucks to get passed over. The EOQ rush is real and they were delivering a lot of cars to SoCal people last week. Some got theirs in only a couple of days.

Upvote 0
Ordered MY LR Midnight Silver with white interior no FSD in Dec 2021. Originally told Aug 2022, then in January told May 2022, now told Jun-July 2022.
Doing my research shows this is common.
I ordered my Model Y in October 2021, first EDD was March 2022, then October 2022, then May 2022 and now July 2022! I understand production problems, however a 6 month sliding delivery schedule is just very unprofessional and show a lack of leadership! This along with removing features that people used is just creating a hostile customer base!

Upvote 0
Or...just order a Performance. For $5000 more, you get you car in a 10 weeks instead of 28. Don't like the wheels/ride, then swap out your 21's for 19s. Waiting that long for an extra 15 miles of range seems insane to me. You either need the car or you don't. And if you don't, why waste your time here?
I agree except I want the 7 seat model. They don’t make that in the performance version unfortunately. So I’m forced to wait.

Upvote 0