Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date

Bmbarnes

Jun 20, 2021
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
I ordered Model Y on April 5th, and have an appointment to pick it up on 21 June, the beginning of my 12th week.
I have had some of he same issues, much earlier delivery date, and then changed, then given a VIN and next day it was not there, and delivery range was pushed into July-August. Then, after calling the sales associate and Tesla directly, finally got a VIN that did not disappear, and a delivery range of 17-23 June.

Has been a long time coming, and it was was simply the 5 seater in Blue with white Interior. I assumed it was due to the chip shortage.

After tomorrow, I will update all on the experience. My sales associate is great!

Reactions: Lilygolfer

Burris

Jun 20, 2021
Asheville NC
Your Y will be beautiful & worth the wait...when it finally arrives. I'm sorry its arrival has taken longer than expected. Waiting is tough. Perhaps it's a location challenge?
We ordered a [gray] Y on Mother's Day and collected it [2 hours away in Charlotte, NC] yesterday on Juneteenth -- the day before Father's Day. While there I saw a Y with your chosen colors and it was beautiful! I hope your new baby is delivered soon.

Rdriver

Jun 1, 2021
Riverside
I ordered my Model Y AWD FSD Pearl white with white interior 5 seat 19” Gemini wheels and hitch on June 1 kept checking my delivery date it kept moving closer, then on June 19 I went to the Temecula “store” for pickup.

I went through an entire checklist I downloaded. The car was perfect! I looked for the hitch and called over the advisor he showed me you have to pop off a black plastic cover and there it was, they should have a better way to access the hitch not just pry of a plastic cover, but there it was.

The delivery personnel were very helpful in no hurry, answered all questions, and I had a very good experience.

So it went from 90 Day waiting period to 30 day then picked up my beautiful Model Y after only 18 days from order date.

I thought there might be a problem with my referral since I didn’t order from his link, but I mentioned it to the rep and since I hadn’t signed for accepting my delivery, it was no problem and we both got our thousand free supercharger miles.

Best experience ever, love my new Model Y now just learning the one pedal driving

Rdriver

Jun 1, 2021
Riverside
I ordered my Model Y AWD FSD Pearl white with white interior 5 seat 19” Gemini wheels and hitch on June 1 kept checking my delivery date it kept moving closer, then on June 19 I went to the Temecula “store” for pickup.

I went through an entire checklist I downloaded. The car was perfect! I looked for the hitch and called over the advisor he showed me you have to pop off a black plastic cover and there it was, they should have a better way to access the hitch not just pry of a plastic cover, but there it was.

The delivery personnel were very helpful in no hurry, answered all questions, and I had a very good experience.

So it went from 90 Day waiting period to 30 day then picked up my beautiful Model Y after only 18 days from order date.

I thought there might be a problem with my referral since I didn’t order from his link, but I mentioned it to the rep and since I hadn’t signed for accepting my delivery, it was no problem and we both got our thousand free supercharger miles.

Best experience ever, love my new Model Y now just learning the one pedal driving
I forgot to mention, I think part of the reason I received my Model Y so quickly was that I had saved for a long time, drove my 2000 Honda Accord into the dirt, and paid cash in full when asked for payment.

JulesVerne

Model Y Owner - since Aug 14, 2021
Jun 6, 2021
Toronto
I forgot to mention, I think part of the reason I received my Model Y so quickly was that I had saved for a long time, drove my 2000 Honda Accord into the dirt, and paid cash in full when asked for payment.
well, I'll be paying cash too, but that doesnt seem to be making my Y come any quicker. i've been waiting 6 weeks now

Rdriver

Jun 1, 2021
Riverside
well, I'll be paying cash too, but that doesnt seem to be making my Y come any quicker. i've been waiting 6 weeks now
Well that Is a bummer maybe it’s your pickup location or ordered options? Mine was Temecula, CA and only took two weeks. MYLR, 19” wheels, 5 seat white with white interior, trailer hitch, and FSD.

JulesVerne

Model Y Owner - since Aug 14, 2021
Jun 6, 2021
Toronto
Well that Is a bummer maybe it’s your pickup location or ordered options? Mine was Temecula, CA and only took two weeks. MYLR, 19” wheels, 5 seat white with white interior, trailer hitch, and FSD.
MYLR,19 ",Red,5 seat Black interior, no FSD, no Hitch - Toronto .... Still hanging in there ... I would guess that my Red choice may be what slows or speeds up my delivery

Reactions: Rdriver

MichaelLevin

Aug 7, 2021
Studio City CA
Ordered Y LR midnight silver white interior 5 seat on April 24. Had dates starting end of June, then slipped daily through July, now slipping through August. Currently Aug. 9-20. SA swears we should get VIN next week. I don’t believe it. We are about 14 weeks from order date and nothing. What a way to run a car company.

TSLY

Jul 28, 2021
Los Angleles
My July 28 order was slated or November delivery. Slipped to December. Now there is no month specified on my order page. SA says it's still slated for November according to Tesla internal system. Time will tell. Oh well!

Reactions: hcdavis3

mikedjp

Aug 7, 2021
Houston, Texas
My July 28 order was slated or November delivery. Slipped to December. Now there is no month specified on my order page. SA says it's still slated for November according to Tesla internal system. Time will tell. Oh well!
I ordered July 29. No month in my account page right now, but the initial estimate was November.

Reactions: TSLY

Wolfhausen

Jun 16, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
My point is Tesla has no control over the chip shortage. Saying, "what a way to run a car company" implies the delay is Tesla's fault. Now, everyone will get their car. If you are not prepared to wait, but one from stock or buy a used Tesla. You could try your luck with legacy automakers, but I understand they are also impacted by the microchip shortage. Try to be a little more understanding. Every order will ultimately be filled. Sure it is frustrating, but if I was unable to wait, I would not have ordered a Tesla.

Reactions: lchen6

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC