Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Model Y on April 5th, and have an appointment to pick it up on 21 June, the beginning of my 12th week.
I have had some of he same issues, much earlier delivery date, and then changed, then given a VIN and next day it was not there, and delivery range was pushed into July-August. Then, after calling the sales associate and Tesla directly, finally got a VIN that did not disappear, and a delivery range of 17-23 June.

Has been a long time coming, and it was was simply the 5 seater in Blue with white Interior. I assumed it was due to the chip shortage.

After tomorrow, I will update all on the experience. My sales associate is great!

Reactions: Lilygolfer
Your Y will be beautiful & worth the wait...when it finally arrives. I'm sorry its arrival has taken longer than expected. Waiting is tough. Perhaps it's a location challenge?
We ordered a [gray] Y on Mother's Day and collected it [2 hours away in Charlotte, NC] yesterday on Juneteenth -- the day before Father's Day. While there I saw a Y with your chosen colors and it was beautiful! I hope your new baby is delivered soon.

I ordered my Model Y AWD FSD Pearl white with white interior 5 seat 19” Gemini wheels and hitch on June 1 kept checking my delivery date it kept moving closer, then on June 19 I went to the Temecula “store” for pickup.

I went through an entire checklist I downloaded. The car was perfect! I looked for the hitch and called over the advisor he showed me you have to pop off a black plastic cover and there it was, they should have a better way to access the hitch not just pry of a plastic cover, but there it was.

The delivery personnel were very helpful in no hurry, answered all questions, and I had a very good experience.

So it went from 90 Day waiting period to 30 day then picked up my beautiful Model Y after only 18 days from order date.

I thought there might be a problem with my referral since I didn’t order from his link, but I mentioned it to the rep and since I hadn’t signed for accepting my delivery, it was no problem and we both got our thousand free supercharger miles.

Best experience ever, love my new Model Y now just learning the one pedal driving

I ordered my Model Y AWD FSD Pearl white with white interior 5 seat 19” Gemini wheels and hitch on June 1 kept checking my delivery date it kept moving closer, then on June 19 I went to the Temecula “store” for pickup.

I went through an entire checklist I downloaded. The car was perfect! I looked for the hitch and called over the advisor he showed me you have to pop off a black plastic cover and there it was, they should have a better way to access the hitch not just pry of a plastic cover, but there it was.

The delivery personnel were very helpful in no hurry, answered all questions, and I had a very good experience.

So it went from 90 Day waiting period to 30 day then picked up my beautiful Model Y after only 18 days from order date.

I thought there might be a problem with my referral since I didn’t order from his link, but I mentioned it to the rep and since I hadn’t signed for accepting my delivery, it was no problem and we both got our thousand free supercharger miles.

Best experience ever, love my new Model Y now just learning the one pedal driving
I forgot to mention, I think part of the reason I received my Model Y so quickly was that I had saved for a long time, drove my 2000 Honda Accord into the dirt, and paid cash in full when asked for payment.

Well that Is a bummer maybe it’s your pickup location or ordered options? Mine was Temecula, CA and only took two weeks. MYLR, 19” wheels, 5 seat white with white interior, trailer hitch, and FSD.
MYLR,19 ",Red,5 seat Black interior, no FSD, no Hitch - Toronto .... Still hanging in there ... I would guess that my Red choice may be what slows or speeds up my delivery

Reactions: Rdriver
Ordered Y LR midnight silver white interior 5 seat on April 24. Had dates starting end of June, then slipped daily through July, now slipping through August. Currently Aug. 9-20. SA swears we should get VIN next week. I don’t believe it. We are about 14 weeks from order date and nothing. What a way to run a car company.

My point is Tesla has no control over the chip shortage. Saying, "what a way to run a car company" implies the delay is Tesla's fault. Now, everyone will get their car. If you are not prepared to wait, but one from stock or buy a used Tesla. You could try your luck with legacy automakers, but I understand they are also impacted by the microchip shortage. Try to be a little more understanding. Every order will ultimately be filled. Sure it is frustrating, but if I was unable to wait, I would not have ordered a Tesla.

Reactions: lchen6