Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an example of how wacky production is at Tesla. Friend in Houston ordered Model Y on Aug 28th. His delivery date September 12-30 (approx. a month). I live in the Bay Area and ordered mine May 15 and delivery date is September 3-22. (been waiting 4 months) How is this possible? New TX giga factory?
So to follow up, the friend ordered the performance Model Y which seem to be produced much faster. Mine was ordered in May in white, LR and 3rd row which is one of the more popular orders for Model Y's. Just need to sit back and wait. New delivery estimate Sept 8-21.

Reactions: voxel
I ordered a Y in February 2020! And found out (on my own) last month that they don’t make the SR any longer so basically I’ve been waiting for NOTHING. Literally. They have my $2500 down payment still, so I tried to order the LR but was told I need to put down a $250 non refundable deposit and anticipated arrival date of April 2022! 😡

I ordered a Y in February 2020! And found out (on my own) last month that they don’t make the SR any longer so basically I’ve been waiting for NOTHING. Literally. They have my $2500 down payment still, so I tried to order the LR but was told I need to put down a $250 non refundable deposit and anticipated arrival date of April 2022! 😡
Do you mean ordered in Feb 2021?

Did you order on Feb., 2021? How did you end up paying the $2500 down payment before the car is even ready for delivery. Am I missing something?

Good Morning Tesla Tribe...

I am now scheduled to pick up my Model Y Friday 10/22/2021 at 3pm in MDR

All the accessories have been purchased and am expecting a flood of amazon packages within the next few days. Like I said in a past post, I buy what I want, when I want! (checks over shoulder to see if wife is around)

I would like to offer up to you all very cheap an alter and golden chalice used to offer up sacrifices to the Tesla gods for a VIN. I am keeping the leftover chickens as they have become part of the family.

Also, want to let you all know I shopped insurance this morning with all the majors and Tesla was cheapest by far and triple A (my current) is by far the most expensive

So, with all this said, good luck to the rest of us, this is a screwy process and it is hard to keep faith.

I will post pics

Good Morning Tesla Tribe...

I am now scheduled to pick up my Model Y Friday 10/22/2021 at 3pm in MDR

All the accessories have been purchased and am expecting a flood of amazon packages within the next few days. Like I said in a past post, I buy what I want, when I want! (checks over shoulder to see if wife is around)

I would like to offer up to you all very cheap an alter and golden chalice used to offer up sacrifices to the Tesla gods for a VIN. I am keeping the leftover chickens as they have become part of the family.

Also, want to let you all know I shopped insurance this morning with all the majors and Tesla was cheapest by far and triple A (my current) is by far the most expensive

So, with all this said, good luck to the rest of us, this is a screwy process and it is hard to keep faith.

I will post pics
Be mindful that the Tesla insurance rate could change based on how you drive. They will be monitoring your composite driving score based on information obtained from your car. Rates quotes appear to be based on very best driving scores. If you will never accelerate your Tesla quickly (not likely), the Tesla insurance looks attractive, but may not be realistic for most tesla drivers .... something to think about.......

FA85AE79-C6AE-4D75-9B6E-8CB7E3EC173C.jpeg
So I picked up my MY on the 19th. Had a few little projects planned and now I am just waiting on the Pilar delete package… I am posting here just because I wanted to let you know although the wait sucks, once you get the vehicle, it’s pretty damn cool!!