Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery - Dedham Massachusetts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just here to pump the stock then?

Because I don’t see any reason to excuse lack of QC and terrible treatment of paying customers.

Apparently you do and it must be for your own financial gain.

Even long-time Tesla YouTube shills are calling out MY QC issues.
Virtually every one of your 1,637 posts bash Tesla. But things aren't binary.

I'm happy to admit where there are problems (and you can find several recent posts where I totally take Tesla to task, including recommending the owner's refusing or returning the MY), but you ASSume everyone must have problems and post as if that's the Gospel truth. That's why you just come off as a whiner.

I picked up my Model 3 LR AWD at Dedham Saturday. They were very busy but had no issues registering my car and taking my trade in Model 3 2018 LR RWD. Tesla Dedham Definitely has always been great for me. You bought an early Model Y. Based on recent posts about this car did you expect anything different?

I'm in the same situation you were. Trading in my Model 3 2018 LR RWD. Take delivery this week at Dedham.
1 service call since 2018 so I'm expecting nothing less for the MY but based on all the issues being posted that seems less likely then ever even though my VIN for the MY is twice is nearly twice as high as the M3.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm in the same situation you were. Trading in my Model 3 2018 LR RWD. Take delivery this week at Dedham.
1 service call since 2018 so I'm expecting nothing less for the MY but based on all the issues being posted that seems less likely then ever even though my VIN for the MY is twice is nearly twice as high as the M3.
Congratulations and good luck with your new car.

Reactions: ArtK
Took delivery of my Model Y a couple of days ago. The delivery process was an absolute nightmare.

First of all, I love the car. This is our second Tesla, and I am a big fan. I am also an investor.

Problems at delivery:
- last minute call from Tesla the evening before delivery, telling me that I need to reapply for financing because my previous authorization had expired. I had to scramble to enter all my information again, unfreeze credit at all 3 bureaus, accept the offer, etc.

- Vehicle was not ready when I arrived at my appointment time.

- Numerous fit and finish problems that need rectification. I consider these to be minor issues, that will be remediated fully eventually, but I am really unhappy that Tesla has put me in the position of being responsible for uncovering the issues, scheduling and taking time out of my work day to bring the vehicle in for repair. If these issues are going to occur, then the remediation should be handled in such a way that is transparent to the customer, not dependent upon us.
> hazy paint
> scratched and chipped paint
> black fingerprints on visors and headliner trim
> B Piller trim falling off and not securely installed
> front speakers on both doors, completely fallen off
> door gasket not secured in place
> driver window misaligned and not closing properly
> various gaskets around windows, trunk, windshield not correctly aligned/installed
> plastic covers in front truck not correctly secured/installed
> exterior trim around one window not correctly aligned
> charger door not correctly aligned

- Wheel covers were not provided. I was told they ran out of parts, and the wheel covers would be shipped to me directly at some point, although nobody could confirm anything to me. Other Model Y vehicles on the lot being delivered at the same time appeared to have their wheel covers.

- Asked to confirm that the tow hitch was installed at delivery. The plastic cover was in place, and I wanted to visually confirm the tow hitch was installed. The delivery associate was unable to pry off the plastic cover, so he escalated to another person for advice. Came back and told me that the tow hitch was not installed at the factory, tow hitch was not available, could not say when it would be available. This made me really upset, as nobody ever communicated anything about this to me before, and I was being put in the position of paying for an option that was never delivered. Long story short, after I took the vehicle home and decided to pry the cover off myself, I discovered in fact the tow hitch was present and perfectly installed. Really unimpressed with Tesla about that one.

So, key takeaways for me--really great car, would not trade it for another--miserable delivery and customer service experience. The ironic thing is that Tesla's approach to getting cars out the door to boost Q2 delivery numbers is both terrible for me as a customer and great for me as an investor. That logic cannot be sustained long term. Tesla needs to to align investor interests with customer satisfaction, or I fear the company will be disadvantaged as more BEV alternatives start to crowd the market.

:shrugs: you said you love the car and accepted the car despite the flaws. Sounds like customer satisfaction to me... The dope dealer sales stuff that will kill customers but the customers are still satisfied.

Picked up MY last month in Dedham. One piece of advice and one cautionary note.

1. Make sure what you talk about, in terms of initial issues, is documented fully. I was told by the Manager that day as well as another employee that they would replace my center console because of a small nick in the side. Pictures were taken and they told me it was documented. I did not, however, confirm the documentation visually. When I got around to setting up an appointment, all had vanished. Not a huge, big deal, but beware.

2. Appointment times are irrelevant. They are way under staffed. My time was for 9 am and the car wasn’t brought around till 10:30 or so.

Best of luck.

• Informative
Reactions: laughMan
Picked up MY last month in Dedham. One piece of advice and one cautionary note.

1. Make sure what you talk about, in terms of initial issues, is documented fully. I was told by the Manager that day as well as another employee that they would replace my center console because of a small nick in the side. Pictures were taken and they told me it was documented. I did not, however, confirm the documentation visually. When I got around to setting up an appointment, all had vanished. Not a huge, big deal, but beware.

2. Appointment times are irrelevant. They are way under staffed. My time was for 9 am and the car wasn’t brought around till 10:30 or so.

Best of luck.
thank you for the review!!

May I asked how long was the delivery process after your car showed up at 10:30??

I was told by my SA at natick that the process only takes 30min!!!

May I asked how long was the delivery process after your car showed up at 10:30??

Took delivery in Peabody back in September so not exactly what you’re asking but my delivery time took about 1hr 20mins or so. Mainly because I spent 40 mins looking over the car. Honestly, I was surprised I took that long. If I wanted to get it done fast, I could’ve been done in 30 mins.

• Informative

The answer is really based on how long you take to go through the car. My son and I spent at least an hour or more checking everything. Then they took the car to fix what they could on the spot. Then you have to finalize paperwork etc. Depending on how crowded it is this last stage can take time. I don’t think we left until 2:30.

• Informative
The answer is really based on how long you take to go through the car. My son and I spent at least an hour or more checking everything. Then they took the car to fix what they could on the spot. Then you have to finalize paperwork etc. Depending on how crowded it is this last stage can take time. I don’t think we left until 2:30.
Fwiw, the SA I worked with during delivery in Peabody was dissuading me to have them fixed at delivery. I didn’t push for them to address it because I knew the SC would take care of it.

When I scheduled the service appointment in the app (must be done within 48 hrs after delivery for any delivery day issues), I was scheduled to the Watertown SC and they were awesome in taking care of everything. Got the car back on the same day (4 hours), too.

• Informative
I don't know, it seems like Tesla has been rectifying almost everyone list of issue judging by posts we see around here. I think there is hope for getting everything fixed after delivery. I still would not recommend accepting delivery if there is anything you feel uneasy about when inspecting the vehicle though.
I received my MY in July, and it was not without cosmetic blemishes and body component misalignments. The car is sleek, futuristic and gorgeous. Perhaps more importantly, the service people have made every effort to correct every issue, often requiring significant ingenuity.

When I informed the Tesla-certified body shop to which I was sent that I could not see how they could possibly make my frunk hood line up properly (the front lip was 3 mm high and the sides were 5-6 mm low) since the side height adjusters were maximally raised, the shop made it perfect by swapping the height adjusters with those of a Nissan (!) that were taller and adjusting the front bumper and latch. I was delighted by the shops ingenuity and desire to help.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I honestly feel the SC people, if treated with kindness and respect, will absolutely respond in kind, and I feel exactly the same about the Body Shop they referred me to at no additional cost.

• Informative