Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 6/18 and don't think I ever had one in the 2 weeks since. Did it ever disappear for that long?
Mine went for a couple of days. When it came back, it was late July. Then went back to June and the finally September last weekend. If you still have a reservation number, my guess it will be a matter of time. It seems there are a lot of us in a similar limbo. Not sure what criteria Tesla really using for estimates, but it certainly is not first-come first-served. Ordered May 1st and my dates have been bouncing all over. My guess is I won't really know until I get a delivery date and drive it home. Hang in there.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Mine went for a couple of days. When it came back, it was late July. Then went back to June and the finally September last weekend. If you still have a reservation number, my guess it will be a matter of time. It seems there are a lot of us in a similar limbo. Not sure what criteria Tesla really using for estimates, but it certainly is not first-come first-served. Ordered May 1st and my dates have been bouncing all over. My guess is I won't really know until I get a delivery date and drive it home. Hang in there.
Yea, I mostly want to know (as if this is really knowable) because if I can't get delivery before mid-August then I'd rather have it in October or later.

I'm not sure if I should put it on hold now or wait until I get a confirmed delivery date and then put it on hold depending on what it ends up being.

This is such a game juggling high current car resale value, upcoming registration renewal (~$950 and no prorated refund in WA state for sold vehicles), work commute timing, changeover to 2022 model year (not necessarily waiting on rumored features but for resale value only), possible tax incentives (lower priority since nothing concrete on the horizon), etc. Man, do I wish we had a 2nd car to ride out the uncertainty in...

Reactions: Limchori
Yea, I mostly want to know (as if this is really knowable) because if I can't get delivery before mid-August then I'd rather have it in October or later.

I'm not sure if I should put it on hold now or wait until I get a confirmed delivery date and then put it on hold depending on what it ends up being.

This is such a game juggling high current car resale value, upcoming registration renewal (~$950 and no prorated refund in WA state for sold vehicles), work commute timing, changeover to 2022 model year (not necessarily waiting on rumored features but for resale value only), possible tax incentives (lower priority since nothing concrete on the horizon), etc. Man, do I wish we had a 2nd car to ride out the uncertainty in...
When you figure out the secret code. Please let me know. :)

Ordered Model Y in April for early June delivery. Original timing was first two weeks of June. Lately slipped to late June (13th to 29th) as of yesterday.

Today- it moved to just “September.”

Anyone have insight into this? If so, my delivery went from 8-12 weeks to 5 months. Concerning.

I ordered mine on March 22 and took delivery yesterday. 9 weeks exactly. I was originally quoted 6-9 weeks.

Reactions: RatsFPV
Ordered 4/21. Still waiting (said 6-10 weeks when I ordered). Good luck calling, the only thing they will say is what your account says: September. Like you can't read. Can't tell me why if I order a new one it says September, but also if you ordered one 10 weeks ago it says September. Wouldn't tell me how long ago ones that are being delivered now were ordered. Support for orders is about the worst support I've received on anything ever. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I ordered my LRY midnight silver ( nothing else ) on April 4. I waited until my home refi was completed and then applied and got approved for Tesla financing through US Bank May 5. I had the similar date fluctuations. I reminded my SA on June 5 my BMW lease was up on June 20. She put me on the “priority” list. Also, did not want them to rerun my credit AGAIN after the 60 day period ( post approval ). Unfortunately, I had to renew my lease another month.

SA texted me soon after saying my car will be here June 29! My delivery range on website changed to June 24-Jun 30. I watched the days go down to jun 25-30, 26-30, etc as the date approached. On the 29th I texted my advisor and she called me back saying the car she thought was mine disappeared?’!?!?! She then said my delivery time is showing July 15! On July 20 I would need to renew my lease again!!!!
I called a manager at the Carlsbad delivery center to complain and just to double check there was nothing wrong with my account. He seemed to put the blame on me for waiting until May 5 to complete my financing. Saying there is an “algorithm “ that shows the longer people take to complete paperwork the less likely they will actually buy the car. He eluded this is why I might have been passed up. I referred a coworker to the same location I ordered from. She ordered her Y May 15 and got her car June 15! I have seen so many mid May orders take delivery before me.
I feel since I was locked in a much lower price Tesla was prioritizing deliveries based on price to boost second quarter sales. This is way sneakier and and way more dishonest than being ripped off a few hundred from a car salesman on a car lot. I would have gladly paid commission to secure a car in a reasonable amount of time. I would have rather Tesla be honest and say we will price lock you but prepare for a September delivery. At least I could plan ahead. I’m a single Dad and we only have one car.
For a “technology “ company you would think they could manage a website and keep track of orders chronically. In 2006 I ordered a refreshed BMW 3 series. You could preorder, configure through a dealer. I got a estimated delivery time, watched my car go through various cycles of production online. You could even track it on the boat from Germany to the US. It got here on time!!!! It was in perfect condition too. That was 2006!!!

I’m not accepting the chip excuses because my coworker got her chip. There have been thousands and thousands of later orders that received theirs.

This has been a nightmare car buying experience. My SA seems to be as much in the dark as me. Spending over 50K on anything should not be this frustrating. If I don’t get a car before July 15. I’m going back to BMW to buy a X3 e or try to extend my current lease so I can buy the i4 ( my dealer already made that offer ). Screw the 0-60 times and charging network. At some point you just want confidence that a company is there to help you and show appreciation for your business.

Just moved from September to July 8-28.

Ordered Model Y in April for early June delivery. Original timing was first two weeks of June. Lately slipped to late June (13th to 29th) as of yesterday.

Today- it moved to just “September.”

Anyone have insight into this? If so, my delivery went from 8-12 weeks to 5 months. Concerning.
I had a bin number assigned and pickup date an time set. Suddenly my bin number was deleted from my account and still have no clue what is going on.

I ordered my LRY midnight silver ( nothing else ) on April 4. I waited until my home refi was completed and then applied and got approved for Tesla financing through US Bank May 5. I had the similar date fluctuations. I reminded my SA on June 5 my BMW lease was up on June 20. She put me on the “priority” list. Also, did not want them to rerun my credit AGAIN after the 60 day period ( post approval ). Unfortunately, I had to renew my lease another month.

SA texted me soon after saying my car will be here June 29! My delivery range on website changed to June 24-Jun 30. I watched the days go down to jun 25-30, 26-30, etc as the date approached. On the 29th I texted my advisor and she called me back saying the car she thought was mine disappeared?’!?!?! She then said my delivery time is showing July 15! On July 20 I would need to renew my lease again!!!!
I called a manager at the Carlsbad delivery center to complain and just to double check there was nothing wrong with my account. He seemed to put the blame on me for waiting until May 5 to complete my financing. Saying there is an “algorithm “ that shows the longer people take to complete paperwork the less likely they will actually buy the car. He eluded this is why I might have been passed up. I referred a coworker to the same location I ordered from. She ordered her Y May 15 and got her car June 15! I have seen so many mid May orders take delivery before me.
I feel since I was locked in a much lower price Tesla was prioritizing deliveries based on price to boost second quarter sales. This is way sneakier and and way more dishonest than being ripped off a few hundred from a car salesman on a car lot. I would have gladly paid commission to secure a car in a reasonable amount of time. I would have rather Tesla be honest and say we will price lock you but prepare for a September delivery. At least I could plan ahead. I’m a single Dad and we only have one car.
For a “technology “ company you would think they could manage a website and keep track of orders chronically. In 2006 I ordered a refreshed BMW 3 series. You could preorder, configure through a dealer. I got a estimated delivery time, watched my car go through various cycles of production online. You could even track it on the boat from Germany to the US. It got here on time!!!! It was in perfect condition too. That was 2006!!!

I’m not accepting the chip excuses because my coworker got her chip. There have been thousands and thousands of later orders that received theirs.

This has been a nightmare car buying experience. My SA seems to be as much in the dark as me. Spending over 50K on anything should not be this frustrating. If I don’t get a car before July 15. I’m going back to BMW to buy a X3 e or try to extend my current lease so I can buy the i4 ( my dealer already made that offer ). Screw the 0-60 times and charging network. At some point you just want confidence that a company is there to help you and show appreciation for your business.
Same situation here. Ordered MYLR in White with Black 7-seating on April 9- with an original delivery date of mid-May! Checking the spreadsheet someone posted a link to shows SO MANY others who ordered after the price increases have already received their cars! This is highly suspicious behavior. So many of us ordered $3,000 ago in total price increases have not received their cars- coincidence?

I log in daily to watch my delivery date slip. Today - it slipped again to July 30th to Aug 9th. I note today that if ordered my Config today- it says "October" delivery. I doubt it.

I'm certain the car will arrive eventually but I am done waiting.
WHEN it does arrive, I will purchase it cash and not drive it and then sell it as a used car with no miles. I've heard others do this with great success- - - just look at what used MYLR cars are going for WITH miles.
#fedup

What is the point of selling the car if you like it? Is it just to spite Tesla for delaying you delivery? If so, they won't care. Just enjoy the car when you get it and be thankful you didn't pay current prices.
I had extended my BMW lease two months through this. I couldn’t extend it a 3rd so I purchased another car- as rental cars right now are crazy expensive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯