Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Model Y in April for early June delivery. Original timing was first two weeks of June. Lately slipped to late June (13th to 29th) as of yesterday.

Today- it moved to just “September.”

Anyone have insight into this? If so, my delivery went from 8-12 weeks to 5 months. Concerning.
Mine too. I ordered may 30. It’s now fluctuating at the middle/end of august to just “September” :(

I had a bin number assigned and pickup date an time set. Suddenly my bin number was deleted from my account and still have no clue what is going on.
This happened to me. My vehicle was totaled in transit along with 7 others. Tesla was incredible about it though. They had many solutions including finding me similar builds, and within a few days time they found me a build that matched mine that someone could not finance. That’s the vehicle that got delivered. Stay patient. Call your local gallery. They should be able to update you.

This happened to me. My vehicle was totaled in transit along with 7 others. Tesla was incredible about it though. They had many solutions including finding me similar builds, and within a few days time they found me a build that matched mine that someone could not finance. That’s the vehicle that got delivered. Stay patient. Call your local gallery. They should be able to update you.
There seems to be a lot of people who pay the initial 100 deposit, but end up backing out because they can't get approved for financing...

FDF125A9-A400-4F6C-AEE6-2808183F01FD.jpeg

Ordered Model Y in April for early June delivery. Original timing was first two weeks of June. Lately slipped to late June (13th to 29th) as of yesterday.

Anyone have insight into this? If so, my delivery went from 8-12 weeks to 5 months. Concerning.
After you had placed your order, did you make any modifications to the vehicle?

Picked her up yesterday. 81 days from order. My advice is not to make plans based on the estimated delivery times and wait for a delivery appointment. Best wishes to those waiting for theirs to arrive.
Been warning people, don't do this either.

I had delivery scheduled and they unassigned the VIN with no explanation. Everything was set and financing was approved. I scheduled the first day I could. I made plans to sell my current vehicle which I can't back out of.

Wouldn't be so upset, but now it's a week later, still no new VIN. No explanation as to what happened other than "logistics". EDD being pushed back a day every day. Rather than getting a new one out to me they essentially put me at the end of the line.

Now no car. Gonna cost $1250 for a month rental or about $800 in uber rides. No loaner from Tesla. No credits. Can't wait for the competition to catch up and force Tesla to focus on customer service.

Reactions: sunshine3200

I had delivery scheduled and they unassigned the VIN with no explanation. Everything was set and financing was approved. I scheduled the first day I could. I made plans to sell my current vehicle which I can't back out of.

Wouldn't be so upset, but now it's a week later, still no new VIN. No explanation as to what happened other than "logistics". EDD being pushed back a day every day. Rather than getting a new one out to me they essentially put me at the end of the line.

Now no car. Gonna cost $1250 for a month rental or about $800 in uber rides. No loaner from Tesla. No credits. Can't wait for the competition to catch up and force Tesla to focus on customer service.
That would probably send me over the edge.

Reactions: Chemios
Yeah... I've been buying luxury cars for 15 years... this will probably be the last Tesla I ever buy, assuming the other makers catch up in the next 3-5 years.
Our first one we picked up the same day we ordered March 2019. With this one we are at 9 weeks today which is still in the original guesstimate. I'm not a Tesla fan boy but I do realize they are a growing company that is and will continue to increase profits when ever they can. Customers will always be behind profits as with any big company today. I have no choice but to deal with supply issues, assembly line issues and even logistical mismanagement. (IF that is what's going on?) But I do have a choice in dealing with miscommunication or lack there of. I will buy a Cybertruck, but I would assume there will be many more choices from other manufactures soon after if we need/want another car.

Might be better off buying a real old used car that won't depreciate much and drive it just until your MY arrives. Less loss

After reading recent Tesla news related to their Giga plant in Texas, I am thinking that they are delaying in order to bring that plant online and implement changes to the Model Y, to include the new battery tech and chassis upgrade. Wishful thinking? thoughts? I ordered my MYLR yesterday and initially had a delivery date of November and then it disappeared last night and still does not show a date.

Reactions: mrwug