Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading recent Tesla news related to their Giga plant in Texas, I am thinking that they are delaying in order to bring that plant online and implement changes to the Model Y, to include the new battery tech and chassis upgrade. Wishful thinking? thoughts? I ordered my MYLR yesterday and initially had a delivery date of November and then it disappeared last night and still does not show a date.
4680s are still a bit off and so is the structural pack, I would be willing to bet that Fremont continues Y production and Texas doesn't kick out the first one until at least Jan/Feb

4680s are still a bit off and so is the structural pack, I would be willing to bet that Fremont continues Y production and Texas doesn't kick out the first one until at least Jan/Feb
If that happens or I hear news of it, I will put my order on hold to get the newer model. My guess is a lot of people will do the same. I think we get a 6 month period to push back on our delivery date. I'll have to keep my eye on it for sure.

I ordered my Y in early July. Delivery was Sep 18 - 30. Then on 7/22 it went to October. Now the delivery date completely gone - no estimate at all. (Or maybe it moved somewhere??) Now instead it says “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”

Anyone else left with no date at all?

I ordered my Y in early July. Delivery was Sep 18 - 30. Then on 7/22 it went to October. Now the delivery date completely gone - no estimate at all. (Or maybe it moved somewhere??) Now instead it says “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”

Same here.
My dates in order:
October
No Date
Sept 20-30
No date

I've been in/out of that situation a couple of times. Today I moved from no EDD to 9/16-9/30....ordered 7/5

I ordered on June 18th and was given 7-11 wks for delivery. I was contacted today by an advisor and I’ll be receiving my car delivered to my home tomorrow.
Definitely excited it came a lot sooner than 7-11wks.
I also ordered 6/18 on the west coast and am not scheduled to get it until late Aug/early Sept. Did you order a MYP, since those seem to be delivered quicker than MYLR?

I was and still am in the same situation. I wish I knew a good timeframe because I am moving out of state in Dec and would like to get this settled before then.

I ordered my LRY midnight silver ( nothing else ) on April 4. I waited until my home refi was completed and then applied and got approved for Tesla financing through US Bank May 5. I had the similar date fluctuations. I reminded my SA on June 5 my BMW lease was up on June 20. She put me on the “priority” list. Also, did not want them to rerun my credit AGAIN after the 60 day period ( post approval ). Unfortunately, I had to renew my lease another month.

SA texted me soon after saying my car will be here June 29! My delivery range on website changed to June 24-Jun 30. I watched the days go down to jun 25-30, 26-30, etc as the date approached. On the 29th I texted my advisor and she called me back saying the car she thought was mine disappeared?’!?!?! She then said my delivery time is showing July 15! On July 20 I would need to renew my lease again!!!!
I called a manager at the Carlsbad delivery center to complain and just to double check there was nothing wrong with my account. He seemed to put the blame on me for waiting until May 5 to complete my financing. Saying there is an “algorithm “ that shows the longer people take to complete paperwork the less likely they will actually buy the car. He eluded this is why I might have been passed up. I referred a coworker to the same location I ordered from. She ordered her Y May 15 and got her car June 15! I have seen so many mid May orders take delivery before me.
I feel since I was locked in a much lower price Tesla was prioritizing deliveries based on price to boost second quarter sales. This is way sneakier and and way more dishonest than being ripped off a few hundred from a car salesman on a car lot. I would have gladly paid commission to secure a car in a reasonable amount of time. I would have rather Tesla be honest and say we will price lock you but prepare for a September delivery. At least I could plan ahead. I’m a single Dad and we only have one car.
For a “technology “ company you would think they could manage a website and keep track of orders chronically. In 2006 I ordered a refreshed BMW 3 series. You could preorder, configure through a dealer. I got a estimated delivery time, watched my car go through various cycles of production online. You could even track it on the boat from Germany to the US. It got here on time!!!! It was in perfect condition too. That was 2006!!!

I’m not accepting the chip excuses because my coworker got her chip. There have been thousands and thousands of later orders that received theirs.

This has been a nightmare car buying experience. My SA seems to be as much in the dark as me. Spending over 50K on anything should not be this frustrating. If I don’t get a car before July 15. I’m going back to BMW to buy a X3 e or try to extend my current lease so I can buy the i4 ( my dealer already made that offer ). Screw the 0-60 times and charging network. At some point you just want confidence that a company is there to help you and show appreciation for your business.
I totally agree, it sucks TESLA can’t give a reliable date for a technology company.

MY YS has been steady at mid-august to early sept since I ordered 6/14 Now suddenly October
Sold my car in early July since I was traveling to Napa Valley for a month and would pick up the car when back Now suddenly without car for two months. I hope the car is worth it..............

Here’s a doozy: I ordered my YLR on May 14. A good friend wanting not to be one upped, ordered the exact same spec as mine ONE WEEK LATER! I’m the meantime, I’ve experienced the same as most you…from a VIN number, then retracted, to bouncing delivery windows replicating a bad bouncing basketball! Now here’s the kicker: my ‘pal’ got his delivered 5 weeks ago! My date just got pushed to October!!