Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery E-Mails Incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla starts confirming Model Y deliveries to customers - Electrek

Now Tesla has now started sending out emails confirming delivery for some lucky customers who previously placed their orders. Once customers go on Tesla’s website to confirm their availability, they are given a range of dates so they can give Tesla options to deliver the car in March. All reports we got so far didn’t offer options before March 15:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-24-at-10.07.33-PM.jpg

The Tesla Model Y Performance configuration is the one being delivered first and owners on both the west coast and east coast are reporting having received the email configuration. Last month, we reported that Tesla Model Y Performance got its CARB certification – confirming the updated range of 315 miles on a single charge.
Actually if you highlight all the date and submit unavailability, it will let you pick 3/8 to 3/14. So the earliest date for delivery is actually 3/8.

• Love
Reactions: reardencode
Tesla has at least a 6 month backlog of orders to work on, if not a full year. I'd expect to see a Y in showrooms no earlier than September.
i was just in a store yesterday and they expected that another nearby store which is apparently the main one on long island, will have a display model in april/may. but i realize they don't really know either

Tesla has at least a 6 month backlog of orders to work on, if not a full year. I'd expect to see a Y in showrooms no earlier than September.
i wonder about that. (the backlog). official statements were that performance would come first, and california would be first of all. some of the folks who have posted their delivery email this morning are from NY and VT. 6 months maybe, a year, i kind of doubt.

i previously ordered a 3 but discovered the rear seats were a deal killer. too inaccessible for passengers to get into, too low and uncomfortable to sit on and difficult (sort of like pulling a cork out a wine bottle) to get out of. great for a driver and front passenger but bad for any friends in the back. the X was perfect in most all respects, so ordered the Y with the hope the rear seats would be acceptably close in comfort to the X's. now i have to wait for the youtube influencers to demonstrate and then go to boston to confirm. very hopeful.

Reactions: SoRandom