Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Estimates Pushed to 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla’s ordering page for the Model Y suggests it’s been a big hit.

The all-electric crossover SUV is sold out through the rest of the year, according to the company’s website. The Model Y Long Range currently has an estimated delivery date of June 2022. The Performance version is said to be available in January 2022.

Tesla produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles in Q3. Of the cars produced, 228,882 were Model 3 and Y vehicles. The company produced 8,941 of its pricier Model S and X vehicles.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk predicted at the Model Y unveiling that the vehicle would become the company’s best-selling vehicle, which makes sense considering consumers’ preference for SUVs.

Tesla is currently building the Model Y at its factories in California and Shanghai. Production is expected to ramp considerably once the Model Y goes into production at new factories near Austin, Texas and Berlin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BGOwner
I just logged into my Tesla account and saw that:
(1) I now have a VIN
(2) EDD has moved from March 2022 to mid-December 2021 ... !

I want to get the EV tax credit so I assume I have to move delivery into 2022 — is that right?
Thanks in advance.

I just logged into my Tesla account and saw that:
(1) I now have a VIN
(2) EDD has moved from March 2022 to mid-December 2021 ... !

I want to get the EV tax credit so I assume I have to move delivery into 2022 — is that right?
Thanks in advance.
That's right -the tax credit, as in the current House Bill and if it gets made into law, only would apply to EVs delivered starting Jan. 1, 2022.

Reactions: SMC-tx