Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Estimates Pushed to 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla’s ordering page for the Model Y suggests it’s been a big hit.

The all-electric crossover SUV is sold out through the rest of the year, according to the company’s website. The Model Y Long Range currently has an estimated delivery date of June 2022. The Performance version is said to be available in January 2022.

Tesla produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles in Q3. Of the cars produced, 228,882 were Model 3 and Y vehicles. The company produced 8,941 of its pricier Model S and X vehicles.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk predicted at the Model Y unveiling that the vehicle would become the company’s best-selling vehicle, which makes sense considering consumers’ preference for SUVs.

Tesla is currently building the Model Y at its factories in California and Shanghai. Production is expected to ramp considerably once the Model Y goes into production at new factories near Austin, Texas and Berlin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BGOwner
I emailed my SA 2 weeks ago to put my car on hold. He said no problem. Yesterday I got a VIN for my MYP. My SA number only goes to voicemail. Apparently he didn’t put it on hold.

I did stop at a Tesla dealer and the rep there just told me to ignore the messages and they will automatically release the car. Is this true? Also does anyone if I’m going in the back of the line for the car? My order is not held so I’m not sure what happens.

I’d be careful not to put too much confidence in longer range predictions until the tax credit bill is finalized. Lots of people putting orders on hold might be artificially shortening the dates and they could whiplash back once the bill is complete.

I’d be careful not to put too much confidence in longer range predictions until the tax credit bill is finalized. Lots of people putting orders on hold might be artificially shortening the dates and they
I really don’t understand the holding. If I want a car I buy it. If another comes up I trade in and trade up. The demand for Teslas are there so I think this wouldn’t be a hard thing to do in the future. I also don’t do a 101 point inspection on my vehicles though. It’s a tool to me.

I’d be careful not to put too much confidence in longer range predictions until the tax credit bill is finalized. Lots of people putting orders on hold might be artificially shortening the dates and they could whiplash back once the bill is complete.
Bill is looking less likely every day. Manchin has the ammo now to attack more spending, what with inflation report, He’s looking for excuses to vote no.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I ordered MYLR with 20" wheels on 11/14, was originally given a June EDD. Now it's Mar12-Apr9... we'll see where else it bounces around. What does this community think the long-lead items are? Gemini wheels and tow hitch? I didn't order either. Happy to have a 2022 delivery though - will see what happens to the BBB bill and rebates.

Reactions: Jones1
I ordered MYLR with 20" wheels on 11/14, was originally given a June EDD. Now it's Mar12-Apr9... we'll see where else it bounces around. What does this community think the long-lead items are? Gemini wheels and tow hitch? I didn't order either. Happy to have a 2022 delivery though - will see what happens to the BBB bill and rebates.
We had the same kinda configuration and we ordered it on 10/29 with an original EDD of May. Then it changed to 03/12-04/09 same as yours, after that no changes until now. We’ll just have to wait and see how it goes with the BBB bill…

I have a OD of 11/15 White MYLR 20 inch wheels. EDD of June 22. It move to February - March . Then it just moved back to June Early 22. I’m glad it did. I’m hoping for Texas factory production vehicle.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020