Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL Y DELIVERY New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess for the time savings you might as well use the superchargers in Johnsonville.

There are also heaps in Lower Hutt and Petone where there is no parking fee. If you are coming from the delivery centre in Avalon.
Hey everyone I am picking up my MY tomorrow from wellington. Been looking forward to this day now for 7 weeks so pretty good timing looking forward to it. Going to upgrade the aero hub caps and put on brake covers so will up load some photos.

Yep it's an awesome car and everything things works on it even sentry mode
Glad you like it.
It's not a different car, it's more of different lifestyle... more so if you got Enhanced Autopilot or ideally FSD.

I am avid Audi fan... and used adoptive cruise control all my life... but when I received my first Tesla last year, I had that lifestyle change where I am no longer a driver but owner/supervisor... overseeing steering once in a while, but enjoying the scenery and chats most of the times from best seat in a car.... never reaching home stressful after traffic, always relaxed.

There are glitches and all, but tons of good stuff as well... car is cool in uniqueness areas, only lacks in common traditional features as they are still trying to add them.

Enjoy your car... movies in a park, parking, when waiting for family, when eating at food trucks is new life now 👍

Reactions: Richard Walton
Hi Everyone!

Been looking forward to getting a Model Y for a while, and pulled the trigger ordering it yesterday. Already today got the email to schedule collection, with the only options given being Monday and Tuesday next week. The problem is that the bank loan, will only get drawn down on Monday (which is still reasonably quick turn around, since I only gave them the order agreement today), so I can't pay 48 (or was it 72) hours in advance (plus Monday and Tuesday are quite inconvenient for me).

So far, all I've gotten is automated emails from Tesla, so I'm at a loss on how to talk to anyone to see if it can be rescheduled (even just to Wednesday). I've tried calling their sales number, but was just on hold for 30minutes before I had to drop out. The email to schedule just says to contact your local store for questions, and gives no details on how to do that.

I note these lines in the order agreement, which on one hand means Wednesday should be fine, but on the other hand if I don't book a time using the link (72 hr expiry, I forfeit my $400 order fee).
We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree
to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that time is of the essence and if do not respond to
our notification or you are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.

So, how do I talk, email / sms someone?

They might be on another call when you called... try again.

If within Auckland and can visit them, go and talk... after all it's a car order, neither of you guys just cancel based on no show or difficulty to collect on system generated time.

I received link to choose time, compared to your auto assigned time, something in system changed I guess.

They might be on another call when you called... try again.

If within Auckland and can visit them, go and talk... after all it's a car order, neither of you guys just cancel based on no show or difficulty to collect on system generated time.

I received link to choose time, compared to your auto assigned time, something in system changed I guess.
Yeah will go see them in the weekend if nothing changes. I did receive a link to book a time - it just only gave me options for Monday or Tuesday.
I was expecting based on other people's experience (maybe it's not in NZ), a delivery/sales consultant that I could talk to or text about questions.

I called the Auckland store based off a number on google (09 801 0039) and selected option 3 (order support). Took about 20m waiting, but spoke to someone useful. Gave them the reason for asking for a reschedule (finance), and after initially being hesitant, booked my in for Wednesday. Also had to mention that I didn't have a final invoice or VIN so couldn't get insurance sorted, and he escalated that and it should be sorted soon.

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
The remaining top ten countries for the cheapest Model Y price included a four-way tie between Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia ($44,323) for second, in addition to Japan ($46,300), New Zealand ($48,393), Macau ($49,509), France ($49,617) and Australia ($51,093), based on a multi-state average).

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron