Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Deposit to Lock In FSD Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order got cheaper when I edited my design because autopilot is now included for free. instead of 2.5k or whatever it was before. If you designed your model Y before the FSD went 6k from 5k, your FSD cost will go up to the new 6k, but your overall price will go down because you will no longer be paying for autopilot. Because FSD is about to go up again, I would recommend people with an order deposit/design edit their design asap before the FSD price goes up again to get savings on included autopilot at the 6k FSD price just in case Tesla does honor our orders at the price in our design.

So, just to clarify. Your preorder price only changed to reflect the new prices AFTER you edited?

I ordered shortly after the shopping cart become available; my total cost was 66k for Y performance 5 seats, white/white AP. If I remove 3k for AP (now included with every car) and 2k for the white paint my order cost would go down to 61k. The same new configuration is 62 with the AP included. I am not going to touch it; I am sure they will do a few more price changes before any cars hit the road.

My old reservation was 58K for LR RWD white with AP and FSD. Now, with white as the base color and AP included, the price went down to 54K. I'm pleased.

BTW, I'm not worried about getting an early production version of the Y since I have a 2017 Model 3 (Vin 12XX) and they took care of everything that needed adjustment. It was nice having the car early. And I expect the number of problems in the early Y's should be significantly lower since it shares much of the parts with the 3.

Reactions: preilly44
LR - RWD (white-exterior, white-interior) with 19" wheels comes to 50,500
LR - AWD (white-exterior, white-interior) with 19" wheels comes to 54,500

Wanting to know from early depositers, did the price go up or come down and if so by how much?

LR - RWD (white-exterior, white-interior) with 19" wheels comes to 50,500
LR - AWD (white-exterior, white-interior) with 19" wheels comes to 54,500

Wanting to know from early depositers, did the price go up or come down and if so by how much?

It came down. I believe it was $2k for white paint and $1k for the bundled AP (total $3k reduction for your build), but I may be slightly off.

do you guys think it's worth it to plunk down $7,900 CAD for FSD before the price increase on Nov. 1? Just trying to contemplate what the FSD upgrade price will be after the fact
I just hope the price I paid 2 months ago for FSD is still honored. I think the price will go A LOT higher once it can read stop sign/stoplights and drive on city streets. Once it can be used as a robotaxi I would not be surprised to see it as a 10K option or more.

Dan

Reactions: Green Pete
Not sure about Canada, but from what I have heard, if you decide not to purchase FSD, Tesla can remove it prior the final purchase agreement. Will it lock in the price? Hope so. Is it guaranteed? This is Tesla we are talking about, nothing is guaranteed. ;-)