Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y door tweeters & center speaker(s)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I have a simple question. How do I disconnect these? I had a Model 3 rwd & preferred that sound. I hate psycho-acoustics.

I tried to pull up on the door tweeter but there's a silicone gasket above in the way? Is it easy disconnect the center speaker? Another option I see is to access the amp in the back & disconnect from there. Sorry if this is a duplicate anywhere on the forum. Thanks.

The door tweeters pull straight up to remove. There are 2 clips that hold it in. They are strong so you will have to pull pretty hard.
DDC5B394-6C24-4B64-BF4A-A30101329143.jpeg

To access the center tweeter you need to first remove the a pillar covers. Then the black mesh cover can be removed by pulling up.
4EC5AC36-F229-49AB-BE24-44AE13D42209.jpeg

Hi guys, I have a simple question. How do I disconnect these? I had a Model 3 rwd & preferred that sound. I hate psycho-acoustics.

I tried to pull up on the door tweeter but there's a silicone gasket above in the way? Is it easy disconnect the center speaker? Another option I see is to access the amp in the back & disconnect from there. Sorry if this is a duplicate anywhere on the forum. Thanks.
If you go on my Channel on Youtube (Vagabond Builds), I released a video with specific steps on how to do this. More Hansshow videos coming soon too.