Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Dreamcase - Double Mattress Sleeping Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - Has anyone purchased a Dreamcase mattress setup for a Model Y yet? I've seen reviews on YouTube for the Dreamcase used on a Model 3 but none yet for the MY. It looks like it's now available on the website for MY but has pictures of it inside an M3 only.

Looking at the description/specs they are the exact same size, so wanted to know if they've changed anything or adjusted for a different slope or anything. Doesn't look like it, so wanted to see how it actually fits in a Model Y.

Here's the link:
Configurator 3.0 – Dreamcase

Would love to hear if anyone has any experience with this or other camping options for the MY!

Thanks for the recommendations! I think the TESMAT would be great since it compresses so well and obviously at a more reasonable price.

After checking dimensions in this video from Ryan Shaw on YouTube:
Video at 1:00 time -> truck width at smallest part is 37"
Video between 6:15-6:25 time for the length is between 73-83"
I also found this twin mattress that should also fits in that space and is a bit thicker at 3", also compresses, and is one piece:
Thanks for the feedback! It looks like the TESMAT is the current winner!

Last edited:
Reactions: BitJam
Thanks for the recommendations! I think the TESMAT would be great since it compresses so well and obviously at a more reasonable price.

After checking dimensions in this video from Ryan Shaw on YouTube:
Video at 1:00 time -> truck width at smallest part is 37"
Video between 6:15-6:25 time for the length is between 73-83"
I also found this twin mattress that should also fits in that space and is a bit thicker at 3", also compresses, and is one piece:
Thanks for the feedback! It looks like the TESMAT is the current winner!

One more option is this one posted by i1Tesla on Youtube, that's from ForMyTesla which was actually shown in a Model Y:

I'm about a month away from my camping trip and decided to buy two options I saw at Costco today. I'll see how they do and will post some pictures of the fit in the Model Y. The Versamat is thicker and firmer, but does not fill the width fully and doesn't take up too much trunk space standing up against the back seats. The Rollout lounger is only 2inches thick and is memory foam, so may be too soft. But it fits perfectly as far as width between the wheels and doesn't take up much space at all! Will have to see which one is better when laid out.

Innocor Novaform Loungeable Versamat - Black or Grey available - $39.99
Open: 3 inches thick, 75" x 35"
Folded: 25"L x 35"W x 9"H

Novaform Home Roll-out Memory Foam Lounger - many colors/patterns - $59.99
Open: 2 inches thick, 75" x 39"

IMG_20200707_124602.jpg
IMG_20200707_124627.jpg
IMG_20200707_124701.jpg
IMG_20200707_125600.jpg
IMG-20200707-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20200707-WA0005.jpeg

Reactions: Klau2
I'm about a month away from my camping trip and decided to buy two options I saw at Costco today. I'll see how they do and will post some pictures of the fit in the Model Y. The Versamat is thicker and firmer, but does not fill the width fully and doesn't take up too much trunk space standing up against the back seats. The Rollout lounger is only 2inches thick and is memory foam, so may be too soft. But it fits perfectly as far as width between the wheels and doesn't take up much space at all! Will have to see which one is better when laid out.

Innocor Novaform Loungeable Versamat - Black or Grey available - $39.99
Open: 3 inches thick, 75" x 35"
Folded: 25"L x 35"W x 9"H

Novaform Home Roll-out Memory Foam Lounger - many colors/patterns - $59.99
Open: 2 inches thick, 75" x 39"

View attachment 561642 View attachment 561643 View attachment 561644 View attachment 561645 View attachment 561646 View attachment 561647
I think your is a much better option. i think the dreamcase is overpriced and overrated. For that price, you can buy a decent king size mattress

Opened them up and decided the Versamat would work if it's only used by one person sleeping. I think the rollout lounger fits in the space better. Will try to find something to prop up the area behind the front seats. A few pics of the fit below. The last pic is with an older camping sleeping pad I had under the lounger, I'm thinking about using two of those side by side to add some depth and also covers the sides for arm space near the rear doors.

Versamat folded in trunk:
IMG_20200707_173624.jpg

Open Versamat:
IMG_20200707_173659.jpg

Versa mat overhang behind front seats:
IMG_20200707_173751.jpg

Lounger Roll Length:
IMG_20200707_174216.jpg

Lounger roll length against width of trunk:
IMG_20200707_174226.jpg

Lounger stored behind front seats:
IMG_20200707_174301.jpg

Lounger open over sleeping pad:
IMG_20200707_193933.jpg

I got an Alps Mountaineering self-inflating mattress from the Goodwill bins for $5 (no really). It fits perfectly, though I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Comes with a stuff sack and is pretty thick and wide too and is the perfect length.

I'll post some pics

Reactions: micantony