Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Driver seat position doesn't get restored when opening the driver door

I have my own driver profile stored and linked with my phone key. Today I had to put my daughter's rear facing car seat on the 2nd row behind the driver seat, because of its size I moved the driver seat forward a bit without saving to my profile, just for a one time use. I expected the next time when I unlock the door with my phone key, my original seat position should be restored but that didn't happen.

The seat stayed at the new position unless I manually selected my profile name-> restore on the screen, then it went back to my originally saved position.
I recalled back in my previous Model 3, whenever I used my phone key, which linked to a profile, to unlock, the car always restored all settings to whatever got saved in its memory.

Anyone has also experienced this and anything I might be missing?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC