Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Driving Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

Just ordered the MY and I'm super excited!

I have been reading that the ride/suspension can be bumpy almost everywhere (still super excited nonetheless).

But is the ride really THAT rough? I'm an Average Joe who knows nothing about cars and never did any modifications. I'moming from a 1998 Honda Accord and my fiance's 2005 Honda Accord. So it can only get better from there right?

It's probably all relative for everyone, and I will be test driving it next week so that's probably the only way to tell for me personally but I was curious on your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

As you said, I think how you feel about the suspension and the ride will be very subjective. I suggest you go for as many test drives as you need to decide which you like.

We first test drove the Y Performance with the 21's and both my wife and I really liked it and liked the ride. We drove it for a 1/2 hour on several different types of roads. I found it to be a firm ride but in a very good way. We drove our 2018 MB GLE to/from and I thought the ride in the Performance Y was better.

The next weekend we did a similar 1/2 hour test drive in a Model X with the regular wheels. Same route. The ride was fine but overall we preferred the Model Y to the Model X.

The next weekend we test drove a Y again but the non-performance model. Gemini wheels. Same route. 1/2 hour drive. We much preferred the ride of the Performance Y over the regular Y.

We ended up ordering a black Performance Y with the white interior and should be taking delivery next week.

Thank you all for your input! Just in case anyone cares we did take delivery yesterday and have been driving so much (I just want to live in the car, it's awesome).

Verdict: I love driving the car and the "bumpiness" is not bumpy to me at all. It's a smooth ride for my taste and is super fun to drive! We got the Long Range and 19" wheels. No regrets.