Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y dropping in price soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The market leader gets to set the market, and Tesla, at this moment, is the market leader in EV's. No one has the vehicles, range, charging network and tech of Tesla. That’s at the moment. They are starting to get competition at price points below and above them now. It remains to be seen how competitive those other company’s EV’s will actually be. But Tesla will always be a target because they were first and successful.

Reactions: 2101Guy
will be interesting to see how things shake out now that Elon has confirmed other car makers will be able to use the SC network in the future
I think you misunderstood Elon's post. He was no doubt talking about EU, where the charge ports on Teslas is fairly standard. In the US, unless other manufacturers abandoned their woeful standards like CCS or ChaDeMO and then convert all of their charge ports, it's not gonna happen.

I think you misunderstood Elon's post. He was no doubt talking about EU, where the charge ports on Teslas is fairly standard. In the US, unless other manufacturers abandoned their woeful standards like CCS or ChaDeMO and then convert all of their charge ports, it's not gonna happen.

but if the other automakers adopt Tesla standards and subscribe to Tesla chargers, then Tesla can quickly become the leading energy provider for electric vehicles in the US. This, however, would be impossible to do in Europe with their "anti-monopoly" regulations paid for by major market players.

PS: Non-Tesla chargers suck. I tried to figure them out twice and failed. Maybe I'm stupid, but customer products should not discriminate people, right?

Reactions: hlin07
"demand is still strong or the Model Y" . Yeah right,.... They want you to think that way..... MY price will go down very soon, and RWD will cost at least 4-5k less then AWD. Plus you will get other upgrades if you wait.
But this question you shouldn`t ask here, Tesla fanboys don`t like discussion about lowering the price, they already own Tesla and it will affect their car value.

"demand is still strong or the Model Y" . Yeah right,.... They want you to think that way..... MY price will go down very soon, and RWD will cost at least 4-5k less then AWD. Plus you will get other upgrades if you wait.
But this question you shouldn`t ask here, Tesla fanboys don`t like discussion about lowering the price, they already own Tesla and it will affect their car value.

Considering that MY is running over 20% (and in China over 30%) profit margins, a 6-9% price reduction will still keep Tesla as an Automaker with one of the largest automotive margins (Ford recently had -8% automotive margins, that's negative eight). So, yes, if Tesla reduces its vehicle prices it will likely lead to bankruptcy of automakers such as Ford, GM, and Fiat when Tesla production volume increases, but Musk said that he is not after unfriendly acquisitions.

• Disagree
Reactions: Clark_Kent
It's not fair that late arrival companies get to enjoy 7500 tax credit, but unfortunately 7500 is a lot of money.

Seriously? How is that not fair? These other car companies are having to pour a ship load of investment capital into changing gears to create new electric cars when they have been focused on gas vehicles for so long, which drives their cost/vehicle through the roof. So that's why they get the $7,500 credit for their customers, and probably some kickbacks behind the scenes from the government.

The whole idea of the EV incentives is to incentivize these car companies to start the ball rolling with electric cars and to make their early cars affordable for consumers. You are clearly missing the point of them.

Oh please and Teslas are reliable for you? At least you can call Ford service and talk to someone there.

Reliability vs QC are two different things. How about you go understand the differences when it comes to manufacturing before babbling BS like an idiot.

So, let me get this straight. Your definition of reliability is based on your ability to speak to a person? What are you, another aging grandpa who hasn't adapted to technology yet?

And do I really find value in speaking to someone at the dealership who is just out to upsell me? No thanks

Typical noob speak from a guy who doesn't even own a tesla yet. LMFAO

Last edited:
Oh please and Teslas are reliable for you? At least you can call Ford service and talk to someone there.

Most owners cannot call "Ford" for service. They can only call their friendly local Ford independent dealership. Those make most of their profits, not from selling Fords, but from servicing them. They are always going to pick up the phone as they want to get you in for profitible service or warranty work (that they bill to "Ford"),

Reactions: Phlier and DanDi58
Guys just buy your Tesla now, price will not go down before 2022 as someone mentioned here and if anything happens it will be increase in price.

AWD, RWD ,dual motor, single motor or even car without any motor will not change anything in terms of price, price is firm according to Tesla fanboys.

No upgrades will happen either, cars sold today will have same features in next couple of years , Musk is too busy learning and improving his German language to think about anything else.

Tesla Stock will continue to rise for next 3 years so no worry, just buy and invest .

All good and Merry Christmas

Guys just buy your Tesla now, price will not go down before 2022 as someone mentioned here and if anything happens it will be increase in price.

AWD, RWD ,dual motor, single motor or even car without any motor will not change anything in terms of price, price is firm according to Tesla fanboys.

No upgrades will happen either, cars sold today will have same features in next couple of years , Musk is too busy learning and improving his German language to think about anything else.

Tesla Stock will continue to rise for next 3 years so no worry, just buy and invest .

All good and Merry Christmas

Someone is salty

salty-meme02.png

I suspect that manufacturers who opt into Tesla chargers will either add a Tesla port or provide a adaptor.