Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y ease of entry

We own an X and a 3. Sold my 2013 S after five years. All are fun to drive and I have no intention of going back to ICE but there are also some drawbacks to each model. As I get older and creakier it is much harder to get in and out of my Model 3 than the X. Does anyone know what entry to the Y's front and back seats will be like? (Not the rear seats in a 7 seat model).

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
We own an X and a 3. Sold my 2013 S after five years. All are fun to drive and I have no intention of going back to ICE
but there are also some drawbacks to each model. As I get older and creakier it is much harder to get in and out of my Model 3
than the X. Does anyone know what entry to the Y's front and back seats will be like? (Not the rear seats in a 7 seat model).
Tesla didn't provided too much information about the Model Y seats but from the video of the event, on of the drivers
mentioned that the front seats were the same as the Model 3 but have been raised up. It seems also that the Model Y
and the Model X have a similar roof height.

There is an interesting thread showing the different Tesla models overlaid: X / Y overlay + 3 / Y overlay

If the model X is 66 inches tall, is the model Y about 63? About same height as a Bolt or BMW X1?
Ben

tm3my .jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: steve in socal

suwaneedad

Dec 11, 2016
Atlanta
We own an X and a 3. Sold my 2013 S after five years. All are fun to drive and I have no intention of going back to ICE but there are also some drawbacks to each model. As I get older and creakier it is much harder to get in and out of my Model 3 than the X. Does anyone know what entry to the Y's front and back seats will be like? (Not the rear seats in a 7 seat model).
Do you know the seating height (from the ground) of the X and 3? If so, I'd love to know those measurements since I can't find them anywhere. X may be a good proxy for Y, or maybe splitting the difference between the X and 3.

This is a big deal for me as well, as I'm hoping Y sits noticeably higher for my aging self. It will make it easier for me to rationalize upgrading from my perfectly awesome 3 into a perfectly awesome Y if I win some seating inches in the process!

Lift

Oct 16, 2016
San Mateo, CA

Entry into the front seats felt a little lower than the X, but higher than the 3 definitely. Not sure about second row. It did seem like they rushed to put a 3's interior into the Y for the unveil test rides, so I would imagine that the actual production car will be much better with regards to ease of entry.

Reactions: Fiddler and Model 3

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC