Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y ease of entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We own an X and a 3. Sold my 2013 S after five years. All are fun to drive and I have no intention of going back to ICE but there are also some drawbacks to each model. As I get older and creakier it is much harder to get in and out of my Model 3 than the X. Does anyone know what entry to the Y's front and back seats will be like? (Not the rear seats in a 7 seat model).

We own an X and a 3. Sold my 2013 S after five years. All are fun to drive and I have no intention of going back to ICE
but there are also some drawbacks to each model. As I get older and creakier it is much harder to get in and out of my Model 3
than the X. Does anyone know what entry to the Y's front and back seats will be like? (Not the rear seats in a 7 seat model).
Tesla didn't provided too much information about the Model Y seats but from the video of the event, on of the drivers
mentioned that the front seats were the same as the Model 3 but have been raised up. It seems also that the Model Y
and the Model X have a similar roof height.

There is an interesting thread showing the different Tesla models overlaid: X / Y overlay + 3 / Y overlay

If the model X is 66 inches tall, is the model Y about 63? About same height as a Bolt or BMW X1?
Ben

tm3my .jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: steve in socal
We own an X and a 3. Sold my 2013 S after five years. All are fun to drive and I have no intention of going back to ICE but there are also some drawbacks to each model. As I get older and creakier it is much harder to get in and out of my Model 3 than the X. Does anyone know what entry to the Y's front and back seats will be like? (Not the rear seats in a 7 seat model).
Do you know the seating height (from the ground) of the X and 3? If so, I'd love to know those measurements since I can't find them anywhere. X may be a good proxy for Y, or maybe splitting the difference between the X and 3.

This is a big deal for me as well, as I'm hoping Y sits noticeably higher for my aging self. It will make it easier for me to rationalize upgrading from my perfectly awesome 3 into a perfectly awesome Y if I win some seating inches in the process!

Entry into the front seats felt a little lower than the X, but higher than the 3 definitely. Not sure about second row. It did seem like they rushed to put a 3's interior into the Y for the unveil test rides, so I would imagine that the actual production car will be much better with regards to ease of entry.

Reactions: Fiddler and Model 3