Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model Y ELEGANT Series Floor Mats (and a sneak peak at something new)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

3DMatsUSA

Global Vendor
Nov 15, 2019
Fontana, California
Hey Everyone.

We'd like to show everyone our Model Y ELEGANT Floor Mats for the Tesla Model Y.

Our ELEGANT Series is a custom fit Carpet Style Floor Mat, made of high quality European Nylon, making it an upscale alternative to the factory carpet Floor mat.

L1TL01704609_v1_20201030.jpg

Our ELEGANT Series can be found here: 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

Additionally, We thought we'd take this moment to show everyone a picture of our new seat back protector in development as well as gauge interest/feedback.

0117.jpg

Reactions: Steve S
Hey Everyone.

We'd like to show everyone our Model Y ELEGANT Floor Mats for the Tesla Model Y.

Our ELEGANT Series is a custom fit Carpet Style Floor Mat, made of high quality European Nylon, making it an upscale alternative to the factory carpet Floor mat.

View attachment 655209
Our ELEGANT Series can be found here: 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

Additionally, We thought we'd take this moment to show everyone a picture of our new seat back protector in development as well as gauge interest/feedback.

View attachment 655226
Regarding the floor mats, I'm not yet familiar with all that is on the market so I'd want to look around and be convinced to spend the price.

My reaction to the cargo floor and seat back set is pretty favorable. The questions would be:
  • How they install/attach,
  • How easy it is to remove, hose down/brush and re-install each piece,
  • How easy vs. annoying it is to lift up the cargo-floor covers for frequent access the storage wells.
More feedback for the cargo-compartment set: Perhaps a prop or hanger setup could help to improve the functionality, and/or a separately-hinged central section could be incorporated to make well access more convenient. If done cleverly, that feature could double as a simple divider wall to keep medium-sized items in place. My old Volvo XC60 has a prop-hinged cargo floor section that serves this function and it's pretty handy (but its elastic cargo strap was junk and detached immediately). Speaking of that, a few discreetly-placed nylon cord loops or metal rings could really help to facilitate the use of hold-down straps etc.

Look at the just-announced cargo roller-shade privacy cover from RPM Tesla. I like that, it's something Tesla should have designed, and I'd like to know that there's no interference between that and your seat-back protector (I don't think so). Or you could think about something like that as a companion product.

I personally don't mind your molded-in logos if the product is of good quality. They go on the floor or in the back; I don't have to wear them in public...

Finally, I'd suggest you break out the shop vac and a damp rag before you take official product photos for your web catalog!

Regarding the floor mats, I'm not yet familiar with all that is on the market so I'd want to look around and be convinced to spend the price.

My reaction to the cargo floor and seat back set is pretty favorable. The questions would be:
  • How they install/attach,
  • How easy it is to remove, hose down/brush and re-install each piece,
  • How easy vs. annoying it is to lift up the cargo-floor covers for frequent access the storage wells.
More feedback for the cargo-compartment set: Perhaps a prop or hanger setup could help to improve the functionality, and/or a separately-hinged central section could be incorporated to make well access more convenient. If done cleverly, that feature could double as a simple divider wall to keep medium-sized items in place. My old Volvo XC60 has a prop-hinged cargo floor section that serves this function and it's pretty handy (but its elastic cargo strap was junk and detached immediately). Speaking of that, a few discreetly-placed nylon cord loops or metal rings could really help to facilitate the use of hold-down straps etc.

Look at the just-announced cargo roller-shade privacy cover from RPM Tesla. I like that, it's something Tesla should have designed, and I'd like to know that there's no interference between that and your seat-back protector (I don't think so). Or you could think about something like that as a companion product.

I personally don't mind your molded-in logos if the product is of good quality. They go on the floor or in the back; I don't have to wear them in public...

Finally, I'd suggest you break out the shop vac and a damp rag before you take official product photos for your web catalog!
  • They install relatively easily. The seat back protector still has MAXpider on the back to keep it from sliding around and there are straps to hold it to the headrest.
  • Shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes, provided the pieces don't need to be deeply scrubbed and nothing is caked on the mats.
  • Front under storage area is relatively easy to access with the fold in the mats. But the second half is admittedly more difficult to get to.
I'm personally not too familiar with a hanger set up in the cargo Volvo XC60 but we could take a look. What year vehicle should we keep an eye out for?

The cargo roller-shade privacy cover is RPM's product but we can take a look at it next time we're in their shop.

And this photo was taken from product testing, it definitely isn't how the product would be shown on our web catalog. We just wanted to gauge customer interest for this new type of product.