Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y estimate delivery date lower date keeps moving up by 1 day. Can anyone tell me if this is good or bad.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an estimated delivery day that started from June 16 to June 30. The lower date has been moving up by one day for the last seven days. The estimated delivery date now is June 23 to June 30. Can anyone tell me if this is a good sign or bad sign. Also I have no vignettes so maybe it’s not a great sign.

It’s random. Don’t worry. We all eventually get the cars. Generally, features are removed like radar and passenger lumbar support - never mind you bought the car sold with them. You don’t have to take possession and you can go to the end of the line. Get a 2022. Car is great. Super fun. Superchargers everywhere. Charge at home with their upgrade. Relax.

Had same situation until yesterday, today the date slipped to July - aug
May 14 - week 4 to 12 ( June 12 to Aug 7)

May 29 - June 12 to June 30
May 30 - week 3 to 13 ( June 5 to Aug 14)
Jun 1 - June 15 to June 30
Jun 2 - June 16 to June 30
Jun 3 - June 17 to June 30
Jun 4. - June 18 to June 30
Jun 5 - June 19 to June 30
Jun 6 - June 20 to June 30
Jun 7 - June 21 to June 30
Jun 8 - June 22 to June 30
Jun 9 - June 23 to June 30
Jun 10 - June 24 to June 30
Jun 11 - July 18 - August 07 😢😭

Had same situation until yesterday, today the date slipped to July - aug
May 14 - week 4 to 12 ( June 12 to Aug 7)

May 29 - June 12 to June 30
May 30 - week 3 to 13 ( June 5 to Aug 14)
Jun 1 - June 15 to June 30
Jun 2 - June 16 to June 30
Jun 3 - June 17 to June 30
Jun 4. - June 18 to June 30
Jun 5 - June 19 to June 30
Jun 6 - June 20 to June 30
Jun 7 - June 21 to June 30
Jun 8 - June 22 to June 30
Jun 9 - June 23 to June 30
Jun 10 - June 24 to June 30
Jun 11 - July 18 - August 07 😢😭
Thanks for replying and I hope you get it sooner than later. Just quick question as to which model and trim you ordered.

Ordered MSM Y Performance 5 Seater no hitch on 5/17 with 3-7 weeks estimate. Delivery to Kansas City. EDD begin range has moved by one day everyday for the last 12 days. End range has stayed constant as 6/30. Today’s: 6/25-6/30. No vin. No contact.

Ordered MSM Y Performance 5 Seater no hitch on 5/17 with 3-7 weeks estimate. Delivery to Kansas City. EDD begin range continues to push back by one day everyday. End range has stayed constant as 6/30. Today’s: 6/27-6/30. Still no vin. Wondering when I will wake up to a VIN or revised September EDD. Started thinking of just cancelling it and buying a jeep if they try to shove me into the end of Q3.

Glad I found this thread. I had NOT been looking on my account to see if there were delivery changes. I was relying on my advisor to keep me informed.
I ordered May 24, here in Toronto. At that time it was 4-12 weeks. When I did the 2nd test drive with my wife, my advisor was who greeted us.
At the end of the drive, he said, how soon could I take one. I said as soon as I sell some stocks! He said, he could try for the end of June! I said sure!

So I just looked on my account on the website. It now says: July 27 to Aug 16 ... SO Officially it IS moving closer!

Red Multi-coat, MY LR, 5 seat, 19" Gemini Wheels, black interior, NO tow package, NO FSD.

Interestingly. I follow "Bearded Tesla Guy" on Youtube. He ordered a new Y in May, and is getting delivery in June!!! and many comments on that video show OTHER american Y orders being delivered 4 to 6 weeks after May order!

I hope it might be ME!!!

and question..... when you get a VIN, does that mean.. car built? or car being built?
does it mean ON a truck to your destination, or sitting in a lot at Freemont?
Can a VIN change once it has been given to you?

.. Andrew