Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y estimate delivery date lower date keeps moving up by 1 day. Can anyone tell me if this is good or bad.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine on 4/26. Delivery date was getting pushed out a day at a time the last few days going to June 16-Jun 30. Today, it says September!
I ordered mine on 05/04 with an EDD of 5 - 8 weeks. First week of June it got more specific to 06/14 - 6/30. Second week of June it began to be pushed out daily 6/20 - 6/30, 6/21 - 30... On 6/14 it just said September.....What happened to July and August???

Reactions: Lilygolfer
Ordered an LR AWD in white with black interior and standard wheels in July of 2020 and completed all the details on 6/10/21. Had an estimate that went from the end of June to the beginning of May, then from the end of May to the beginning of August, then it came all the way back to June 16th to the 30th. I even got a text from the delivery team on 6/14 to confirm delivery this month. It kept getting pushed back a day or two but now I checked today and it shows September. Anyone else get the text and have it pushed back? Oh, I'm also a CA buyer if that makes any difference.

Ordered an LR AWD in white with black interior and standard wheels in July of 2020 and completed all the details on 6/10/21. Had an estimate that went from the end of June to the beginning of May, then from the end of May to the beginning of August, then it came all the way back to June 16th to the 30th. I even got a text from the delivery team on 6/14 to confirm delivery this month. It kept getting pushed back a day or two but now I checked today and it shows September. Anyone else get the text and have it pushed back? Oh, I'm also a CA buyer if that makes any difference.
I'm getting nervous about these MY dates being pushed back to September!!!
But can you clarify your dates? are you saying ordered July 2020? but completed paperwork ?Oct 2020? (you said 6/10/2021), and initially given estimate of June 2021? then May, then September?

I'm getting nervous about these MY dates being pushed back to September!!!
But can you clarify your dates? are you saying ordered July 2020? but completed paperwork ?Oct 2020? (you said 6/10/2021), and initially given estimate of June 2021? then May, then September?
Yea so I initially ordered July 2020 and wasn't gonna be ready for a while but I wanted to get the FSD price locked in at $8000 that's the main reason I kept it. The $100 reservation only goes up till one year so I finished all my financing stuff on 6/10/21 and got a delivery date for June 30th to July 14th, then got an estimate for July 30th till August 19th, then suddenly went back to June 16th till June 30th and now today it changed to September. Also note, the delivery team texted me to confirm delivery this month and where to place the car, driveway or street. I got that text on 6/14/21. At this point I'm just really confused.

Yea so I initially ordered July 2020 and wasn't gonna be ready for a while but I wanted to get the FSD price locked in at $8000 that's the main reason I kept it. The $100 reservation only goes up till one year so I finished all my financing stuff on 6/10/21 and got a delivery date for June 30th to July 14th, then got an estimate for July 30th till August 19th, then suddenly went back to June 16th till June 30th and now today it changed to September. Also note, the delivery team texted me to confirm delivery this month and where to place the car, driveway or street. I got that text on 6/14/21. At this point I'm just really confused.
WOW.. i'm not impressed!

I think the September date is just a default for end of next qtr (1st qtr cars get shipped outside US since takes longer). Got my MY last week in WA state after completing order 4/16. About 2 weeks before delivery, every day I checked the dates changed or I couldn’t log in or you name it. Reminded me of pulling the handle on a slot machine. Then I got a vin and invited to select a delivery time! Picked it up last week and was in great condition snd haven’t found any issues. I am sure they will try to deliver as many as possible by the end of this month so just have to hold the faith.

Okay.. I am starting the delivery dance.
Details above, but: MY, Long Range, AWD, Red, Gemini wheels, NO fsd, NO hitch
Ordered May 24, and 4-12 weeks at that time. (so that would be June 21 to Aug 16)
Sales advisor after a test drive, after already ordering said, he could try for end of June!
This week, it has said July 27 - Aug 16.
Today says: Aug 4 - Aug 24

We'll see

7-11 weeks is just a placeholder. Doesn’t mean anything.
Mine has shifted back and forth several times between October and specific dates in June, July and August. Ordered 19 May. Was 30 July to 11 Aug last week. This week it’s back to just “October”. Got to be someone at Tesla just moving dates to screw with customers. Very difficult to make plans with this Tesla delivery system. No other OEM could get away with this process. The dates mean nothing. If the car arrives, they will let you know.

Mine has shifted back and forth several times between October and specific dates in June, July and August. Ordered 19 May. Was 30 July to 11 Aug last week. This week it’s back to just “October”. Got to be someone at Tesla just moving dates to screw with customers. Very difficult to make plans with this Tesla delivery system. No other OEM could get away with this process. The dates mean nothing. If the car arrives, they will let you know.
My EDD even changed on both Sat and Sun tis weekend.
Someone's working overtime at Tesla, making up the dates.

What's your situation.. same ole waiting? Like me.. May 24 order!

I ordered mine on 05/04 with an EDD of 5 - 8 weeks. First week of June it got more specific to 06/14 - 6/30. Second week of June it began to be pushed out daily 6/20 - 6/30, 6/21 - 30... On 6/14 it just said September.....What happened to July and August???
I’m sorry, but suffering through this right now made me laugh at your post. This is like the Tesla club initiation LOL

Reactions: tdeno
I ordered a LR Y on April 29th, quoted by End June at the time, today says Oct. Someone else ordered the same car 1 week earlier and got it in June. Dealing with Tesla has been the most frustrating experience ever. Supposed salesperson rarely responds. If I ran a business the same way, I'd be out of business. Thinking of switching to the Mustang EV.

Reactions: rainforest
Have been assigned a VIN (May 24 order) Aug 1.
EDD = Aug 11-17. Phone call today, Aug 3, to choose home delivery, or service center (10km away?). I chose Service Center, with a choice of 17th or 18th...and chose 17th. Getting close!
So exciting!! We ordered our MYLR June 8, and the date keeps changing and it's stressing me out!! haha I'm in Winnipeg, but we're picking up in Calgary, so it's been really hard to plan. I hope we have close to the same timeline as you, which would put us at the beginning of September. Did the VIN just show up on your account?