Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y (EU) charging performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are only Model Y LR/P with the new LG 5L M50 out for delivery. That pack has about 79kWh. Not 82.
I have ordered Y LR as you stated. So I am waiting for the confirmation it will have LG 5L M50.

You are right, usable capactity should be 79 kWh, but i hope there is some buffer, as found here: Model 3 / Model Y - Batteriewiki / Akkuwiki.
That's why I wrote 82 kWh.
Sorry for misleading info.

I got no confirmation regarding the new (79 kWh) battery.
Is there any delivery of Model Y LR with 79 kWh in EU yet?
It seems tha salesman can not confirm anything before VIN will be assigned, May be not even after then.
Aby suggestion regarding my order?
My expected delivery date is end of February/start off March.

Thanks for aby hint.

I got no confirmation regarding the new (79 kWh) battery.
Is there any delivery of Model Y LR with 79 kWh in EU yet?
It seems tha salesman can not confirm anything before VIN will be assigned, May be not even after then.
Aby suggestion regarding my order?
My expected delivery date is end of February/start off March.

Thanks for aby hint.
All MYLR and MYP out for delivery now have the 79kWh LG pack. Mine is one of the very first for Europe, built 31st of December 2021 and it also that the bigger battery pack and N=MY2022.

I've got an mention of Y5LD on the official registration papers of the vehicle. Hopefully we'll see a nice improvement on charging speed in the future.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 18.45.16.png

I've got an mention of Y5LD on the official registration papers of the vehicle. Hopefully we'll see a nice improvement on charging speed in the future.

View attachment 766416
In its current software state the LG 5L is as slow or even slower than the older LG 5C, but I am pretty sure that this pack gets faster with updates pretty soon. All M3/MY LR/P will be using this battery pack from now on. M3P might be the last one to switch from Panasonic in late Q1.

I’ve got mine by the way. But didn’t really had the chance to test out the SC at a low state of charge, just went to a supercharger but the battery was about 70% (first day, to check if it was working). It charged at about 75-80kw if i remember correctly

The estimated range on the screen shows 514km when full instead of 565km. (Actually in the app when you set charge lit to 100). It’s a bit far off, i have no idea how they calculate this number.
253C2662-0F98-4E5B-A19E-AA8DB962A607.jpeg

Reactions: fcela
I’ve got mine by the way. But didn’t really had the chance to test out the SC at a low state of charge, just went to a supercharger but the battery was about 70% (first day, to check if it was working). It charged at about 75-80kw if i remember correctly

The estimated range on the screen shows 514km when full instead of 565km. (Actually in the app when you set charge lit to 100). It’s a bit far off, i have no idea how they calculate this number.
View attachment 772590
Maybe it will align when recharged several times. The Cold weather could have negative impact to range as well.

Maybe it will align when recharged several times. The Cold weather could have negative impact to range as well.
I’ve just discovered it states 535 now. That a little better. Probably calibration. Will see over time. It’s just so unclear how they calculate it. I tought they didn’t bring into account external factors and this was just the wltp rating. Anyway it’s not the nulber you’re looking for. Curious how accurate the energy meter app will prove to be.

View attachment 772590
The Model Y LR 2022 has a claimed WLTP Range of 542km with MCU2 and 533km with MCU3. Since it only comes with the MCU3 now, the 533km are the relevant number. Since the WLTP was done with the 20" wheels, there is also a theoretical range of 565km with the 19" wheels.

The cars rated range at 100% is calculated with the current calibrated net capacity divided by a fixed rated consumption of 148,5Wh/km, so 514km equals 76,3kWh of usable net capacity in your car. This value has nothing to do with the claimed WLTP range!

Congrats! Does it have the trunk cover? How about other things from the 2022 updates (https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2022-model-y-updates-full-list.249313/)?
No, no trunk cover.
It does have
- amd ryzen
- upgraded battery (y5ld)
- double paned windows in rear
- heated wipers

The Model Y LR 2022 has a claimed WLTP Range of 542km with MCU2 and 533km with MCU3. Since it only comes with the MCU3 now, the 533km are the relevant number. Since the WLTP was done with the 20" wheels, there is also a theoretical range of 565km with the 19" wheels.

The cars rated range at 100% is calculated with the current calibrated net capacity divided by a fixed rated consumption of 148,5Wh/km, so 514km equals 76,3kWh of usable net capacity in your car. This value has nothing to do with the claimed WLTP range!
Ok, that’s a little more clear. But I think I won’t bother about it anymore. Does the y5ld had 79 of 82kw battery. 76 capacity on 82 looks like a big buffer no?

What about other mentioned upgrades?:
  • Adding a New Low Voltage (15.5V) Lithium Ion Battery
  • Add In-Cabin Radar (Model Y)
  • Adding a new connectivity card
  • Adding super horn (3-in-1 horn, alarm, loudspeaker) to AVAS version
  • Upgrading the infrared indoor camera (model Y)
How could we check those? I mean other components than battery, checking battery should be easy enough.