Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y European Certification Documents / Technical Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On this graph, to go 10%→60%, it seems LG5C takes 45 minutes, whereas Pana only 30 minutes. That's 50% more, not 33% more time, which seems way worse than what I've seen on tff?
10-60% should be around 18 Minutes (E5CD) vs. 13min/15min for the Panasonics.

It might be confusing on the other two charts as they only show added km/capacity. They dont start at 10% rated range/capacity.
SOCvsTime.jpg

I just got the number plate of my Tesla model Y that wil be delivered next week in the Netherlands VIN055***. A ran the plate trough the check of the RDW, which is the government body that assigns the plates. It confirms that my Model Y is a Y5CD variant. So according to the first post in should have the new LG Chem NCMA battery.

Attachments

• 7FAA4884-3472-4506-88AD-B90411288AA9.jpeg
    7FAA4884-3472-4506-88AD-B90411288AA9.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 174
I just got the number plate of my Tesla model Y that wil be delivered next week in the Netherlands VIN055***. A ran the plate trough the check of the RDW, which is the government body that assigns the plates. It confirms that my Model Y is a Y5CD variant. So according to the first post in should have the new LG Chem NCMA battery.
Yes, all Model Y coming to Europe right now are Y5CD with 507km WLTP. I expect the Y5LD to come in Q4 as model year 2022 and 542km of range.

By the way is there any difference between Panasonic 2170 and 2170C? I ask because the graph shows PANA3 and not PANA3C.
According to the technical documentation there is no difference. Both are NCA with 4,8Ah per cell. The 3C is restricted to 4,15V and charges a little slower at the SuC, so I guess it has different limits set by the BMS.
Since the 3C cells are only in the refresh model 3, which is supposed to be more efficient and since Tesla only claims charged rated km per time unit, they could go a little easier on the cells to make their claim.

Reactions: RVAC
When you get your car, can you check if acceleration boost is available, please?

From the discussion, I understand that I should get an 82kwh battery?
There is a good chance, but it's not confirmed.
Is it not NMCA ? (new battery with Aluminium)
The old LG is NMC chemistry. No aluminium. The new one if filed as NMC as well, but leaks from China say NCMA.
When you get your car, can you check if acceleration boost is available, please?
The Model Y (EU) currently has no option for acceleration boost in-app.

This is really a bad news…
Any other hacky way?
If the car you are looking for is not ordered from the configurator, but from the existing Inventory then you can click on the desired cars details and then check the source code for option code BT38, which is the old 75kwh or BT?? whichever number is designated to the new LG battery. In any way the WLTP 507km is the old LG and 542km is the new one.

Initially we only had the certification documents that showed two LR versions from LG.

Then one future owner, with a good connection to his SA got to see his option code list and saw BT38 -> Old LG.

Now its even more clear as the order page shows 507km of WLTP range. That is the Y5CD's range.

The 270km in 15 minutes (not even the old "up to") are the promise that most likely can't be kept.

There is a chance that the Model Y charges as little bit better, because of its higher cooling capacity, bit I don't believe it will make a big difference.
Lot's of new inventory appeared over night on the tesla-info website and they all had the BT38 battery (which is the older LG pack). Here's one thats still for sale with the option codes expanded.

Not sure how they get the details as the Tesla website doesn't yet give the option to search for them

When I've ordered MY, I had EDD December 2021
If I order now, I get EDD in november 2021, so is just logical, that I should get my December 2021 sooner, but who knows the way of the Tesla?
There is no info about new batteries.